Two problems after installing amp/subwoofer

Participant count
  • Participant list

meepz

I just installed the Bazooka BTA6100 bass tube and after installing it I noticed that my car stays in gear differently. My car will shift into the next gear but stay around 500-1000 rpm. When I go 30-40 mph, my car will switch into the appropriate gear (after hitting 3000-4000) but immediately go down to >1000 rpm. Additionally shifting between gears is not as smooth. The second problem is that when I turn my headlights on my car makes a sound as if something is touching the input wire. The only example I can think of is if 'you' had a 3.5mm headphone jack that is plugged into a speaker and someone touches the jack with their hand, the solid noise that happens is the sound it makes.

My car:

2006 Mazda 3 sedan

Stock head unit

I used a LOC to connect the RCA to the bass tube.

the high level wires on the wiring harness of the tube I taped the ends then tapes those together.

I have a feeling that the 2nd problem is caused by the grounding I did. I feel that either the LOC or the bass tube isnt properly grounded (if this is the cause it is most likely the bass tube because the LOC is ground to the ground wire from the head unit.)

I don't think the install had anything to do with the car shifting differently. You ned to disconnect everything and se if the car still does that. Then you ned to find a real god ground. Don't just connect the ground wire to an existing bolt. You have to sand down a flat metal surface and drill a hole.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.