Two eights or one twelve...

Fi Q's are a solid sub, but for my money, I'd get the SA10's. Great output and sound great doing it. And will take that 2500 all day.

You're right about the small box thing in the trunk. People don't realize it, but their huge rearward firing box is killing thier ouput. Smaller boxes don't matter much which sub/port orientation or where it is in the trunk. I metered a single 10 box every which way possible in my trunk and every combo was within a few tenths. That changes the bigger the box gets though.

My seats don't fold down though so it may be a different ball game for you, but the loudest orientation for my little box was rearward fring with the back of the box all the way up against the rear seats.

would 2 sa-8's handle a saz-2500?
doubt it. maybe 1k a piece if the box is small. splaudio is workin on an 8" right now that can take 1.5k, so if you can find 2 of the same motor i'd suggest hitting him up lol

Fi Q's are a solid sub, but for my money, I'd get the SA10's. Great output and sound great doing it. And will take that 2500 all day.
You're right about the small box thing in the trunk. People don't realize it, but their huge rearward firing box is killing thier ouput. Smaller boxes don't matter much which sub/port orientation or where it is in the trunk. I metered a single 10 box every which way possible in my trunk and every combo was within a few tenths. That changes the bigger the box gets though.

My seats don't fold down though so it may be a different ball game for you, but the loudest orientation for my little box was rearward fring with the back of the box all the way up against the rear seats.
Am I going to have the gain all the way down with the sa-10's?

I always wondered if you have double the amp if you can still set gains with the oscope or set them way lower then that even.. listen for distortion and then turn it down some? lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

blackdrag450r

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
blackdrag450r
wisconsin
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date