Two eights or one twelve...

I would suggest having RAM design you a box if you're kinda iffy about it.
On a side note, I don't think you'll notice much difference between the 2 setups. 2 8's need less airspace than a single 12", though, and it's fun to say you have 8's then show people how loud they get lol
Yea i agree, people always ask what you have in the trunk and assume there 12's or 10's haha i think that will be my next set up 2 8's

well i have heard its not a good idea to cram a huge box into a trunk car that covers the entire passage to the cabin.. lots of bass in the trunk but not much getting into the cabin through where the back of the seats fold down...don't laugh, its not funny! lol
well i own an suv so i really can't validate that but it sounds kinda like B.S. if too much sound is leaking from the trunk you either 1. deaden the trunk or 2. remove the back seats and do a blow through

thats truth. Not always, but most a big box can choke the sound waves in the turnk... your best bet if u wanna get loud is face the box towards the back seats and seal it off from the trunk and have teh seats folded down. louder, less rattles, and do as big of box as you want in the trunk //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Oh and I vote 2 10's. If not, then rep the pair of SA-8's and they'll do work.

Sealing your setup from the trunk may or may not gain noticable results. It will guarantee that you spend a lot more time and money installing it if you want it to look anywhere close to decent. If your running 1 12 or 2 8s the box will be plenty small either way, and will get plenty loud without sealing. If your trying to squeeze 2 15s or something where the box takes up the entire trunk sealing it off may be a better idea. The problem with sealing your box into cabin, is if there is one leak anywhere, the amount of output you lose will be much greater not sealing it to begin with in many cases. There are plenty of loud trunk cars hitting respectable numbers without sealing off the trunk, so unless your a hardcore competitor chasing tenths, I would recommend a nicely designed ported box. Box, sub, and port position will vary from vehicle to vehicle, but I would either try sub facing back, port back (toward the rear of your trunk), or sub forward/port foward with the box as far back in the trunk as possible.

what do you guys think of the enclosures I have listed for the 8's?

will the 8's handle a 1500? just keep the gain down?

i have built quite a few sealed boxes, but never did a ported one because of math.. lol but with the cut sheets I can build anything.

I just have to make sure to round off the sharp corners of the port and that should be it right?

Anyone know about RAM designs? does he give cut sheets or does he actually make the box and ship it to you? where is he located?

thanks!

what do you guys think of the enclosures I have listed for the 8's?will the 8's handle a 1500? just keep the gain down?

i have built quite a few sealed boxes, but never did a ported one because of math.. lol but with the cut sheets I can build anything.

I just have to make sure to round off the sharp corners of the port and that should be it right?

Anyone know about RAM designs? does he give cut sheets or does he actually make the box and ship it to you? where is he located?

thanks!
ram is good dude. he makes up a design of the box you want and sends it to you. no he does not build the box and ship it. if you want that, then pm pro-rabbit.

ok, so i've narrowed it down to 2 10" fi q's running off a sundown 2500.

two tens should be louder correct?

anyone know how heavy the q's are roughly?

Yea i agree, people always ask what you have in the trunk and assume there 12's or 10's haha i think that will be my next set up 2 8's
Got mine on the way , should be here tuesday. Can't wait!!! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

ok, so i've narrowed it down to 2 10" fi q's running off a sundown 2500.two tens should be louder correct?

anyone know how heavy the q's are roughly?
Two tens would give you the most potential output out of the other options. Q's are good, and there are a lot of option in the price/power range...SSA Icon comes to mind.

Its all in the box. I had a DC Audio Level 4 15" in 4.5 net cubes tuned at 32Hz. I had it on an under rated 1200@1. It was realistically seeing 1400. I then switched to a pair of Image Dynamics ID8D2V3's on the same amp at an under rated 500@2. Box was 1.4 cubes tuned at 32Hz. The ID8's where every bit as loud as the DC Audio 15". Id go with the 8's. Take up less space, provide more wow factor, and can get just as loud in a daily setup where numbers dont matter.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

blackdrag450r

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
blackdrag450r
wisconsin
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date