Two different sizes?

'Alex
10+ year member

Alabama
Well, to start off, this is my first post, not really "Car Stereo/Audio Literal"(However you would want to put it, I just don't know a whole lot about it) as of yet, so don't hate too hard xD. Also, if this is in the wrong place, can a moderator or somebody who can move threads do so?

K, now to the real thread.

I've currently got two 12" kicker subs in the trunk of my mustang, in a dual ported box. I am going to be getting two 15" subwoofers pretty soon. I want to build my own box for the 15" Subs. I seen on youtube a guy who done 2 12's, and 2 15's in the trunk. I read some of the comments, and one of them stood out. It was asking "Why would you use two different size subs? Wouldn't that be alot of wave cancellation?" Or something along those lines. My question is, Would using the subs I have and the new ones together hurt anything? I will pm you a link to the video if you want to see what I'm referring to., as I can't put the URL in this post.

Also, if I were to do this, would I need more smaller (Like the door, or rear deck speakers) speakers? (I have four spare speakers, two 6x9 speakers, and two 6.5's that can be put in the car if need be.)

I believe that is all, if I remember anything else, I'll add it in later.

^^^^ this there is no way to get all that in a mustang trunk. You would be much better off getting 2 nice 12's and getting a good ported box.

Alright. I am getting the 15's either way (a friend just got a new system and can't find anyone to buy the old 15's, so he's giving them to me. -no, there isn't anything wrong with them, either-) So I will probably just build (Or have one built) A box for the two 15's. If I build the box, the only way I can see them fitting, is if I either put them like, on top of the box, firing towards the rear deck/trunk lid, or putting a slant so it's firing diagonal and put a port in, any idea which of those two would be better? (I've already measured, I've got room to do the 2 15's, the 2 12's was just an extra idea)

what kind of measurements did you come up with and just curious what kind of 15's?
Hifonics brutus', I believe. And I measured a few days ago, and knowing me, forgot, or dyslexia caught up with me, so bear with me. The top part will be around 18" (Give room for the subs to be mounted in), 13-14" high, and 39-41 long. That's with the subs firing straight up, if I do that, then I'm going to try to maybe do a port towards the rear, but I'm not sure exactly how everything will go, just going with the flow. :p

What subs? Two 15's in a Mustang doesn't sound like a good idea. Sell what you have and buy two quality 12's or one 15.
atm I've got 2 kicker comp 12's, but the two I'm getting are hifonics brutus' I believe.

atm I've got 2 kicker comp 12's' date=' but the two I'm getting are hifonics brutus' I believe.[/quote']

I would sell it all and buy better subs. I'm not trying to be a jerk but what you are wanting to do will not yield very good results.

I would sell it all and buy better subs. I'm not trying to be a jerk but what you are wanting to do will not yield very good results.
Any tips on how to make the setup better with just the 15's? I won't get much at all for the 12's, and I'd rather not go through the hassle of selling the 15's and buying new, I'm the kind of person who would rather use what I have.

Do you know any way I could do it where it'd come out better?

Any tips on how to make the setup better with just the 15's? I won't get much at all for the 12's' date=' and I'd rather not go through the hassle of selling the 15's and buying new, I'm the kind of person who would rather use what I have.Do you know any way I could do it where it'd come out better?[/quote']

What Kicker 12's?

What Kicker 12's?
Just regular kicker Comps. I only have a jensen 400.2 amp powering them atm, I knew nothing about systems whatsoever when I had them installed honestly. I've seen a few people at school who have been overpowering the **** out of their 12" comps (One guy has a 1800-I think- watt amp pushing 2 kicker comp 12's) and haven't hurt them, so I may just skip the 15's and try that, atleast until I **** up the comps, cuz I couldn't sell for much even if I were to sell them.

What year mustang? Did you look at the trunk opening to see how youre going to fit a box for 15s through there?
2001, that's why I was going to attempt to build it a bit at a time and "assemble" it in the trunk.

you have room for 2 15's but I highly doubt that it will be able to fit into the opening of the trunk or where the back seats fold down, you might have to build the box in the car which if you aren't very good at box building can be a pain in the ***.

Like said above you would benefit much much more from getting 2 nice 12's or 10's even and building or having built a nice box for them. You would be surprised how much output you can get from just changing boxes.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.