Two amps or one?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Sguirrelfeather

Senior VIP Member
My current subs are on the way out, so it's time to upgrade. Not sure on final sub selection, but it will likely be FI BTL-3 series. I currently have an FSD FZ2600D, which has dyno'd at 3600 at 14.4, so I know it has plenty of juice for a single sub. My question is should I get another comperable amp and wire up two amps for the two subs (using that weird but effective separate coil to opposing amp technique), or should I get a 6-8k amp and repurpose/sell the FSD?

Thoughts? Of course, if the right deal for a used amp comes along, I might just snatch it up anyway.

I would get rid of the 2600 and get a Taramps MD or Bass 8k. Box rise is a bitch and power headroom is always great.

You would never see 3600 rms out of the 2600s.

Popwar... are you sponsored by taramps? Do you own them? Honest questions with hopes of honest answers.

Squirrel: I hope you get a solid response because I'm struggling with a very similar predicament.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.