Two amp power cables, one positive battery terminal

Participant count
  • Participant list

xenofactor07
10+ year member

Hey guys

I really don't want to spend the extra dough on a distribution block, fuses, fuse holder, and 4ga wire.. I already have 8ga wire wired from my battery to power a 4 channel amp. I want to install a 2nd amp to power a subwoofer. Since I already have the wiring routed, could I install a 2nd amp 8ga power cable to the same battery? If so, how do I do this?

Hey guys
I really don't want to spend the extra dough on a distribution block, fuses, fuse holder, and 4ga wire.. I already have 8ga wire wired from my battery to power a 4 channel amp. I want to install a 2nd amp to power a subwoofer. Since I already have the wiring routed, could I install a 2nd amp 8ga power cable to the same battery? If so, how do I do this?
i lost you in the bold...what now

Sorry about that.. I was asking, can I essentially take another 8ga power cable with a ring terminal and connect it on the post exactly the same way as the original amp? Basically, stacking the two ring terminals together on the positive battery terminal. Is that possible? Or is there danger/complications, etc.

Yea it's a Boston Acoustics GTA-802. 30A fuse rating. 80W RMS x 2. The sub I'm interested in is a 10 in JL Audio CS110-WXv2.. It already comes in an enclosure. I know what some of y'all are thinking... I'm wasting my money by buying an already enclosed subwoofer... But I'd rather just try it. It has good reviews. And I have a small car (Hyundai Tiburon).

Yea it's a Boston Acoustics GTA-802. 30A fuse rating. 80W RMS x 2. The sub I'm interested in is a 10 in JL Audio CS110-WXv2.. It already comes in an enclosure. I know what some of y'all are thinking... I'm wasting my money by buying an already enclosed subwoofer... But I'd rather just try it. It has good reviews. And I have a small car (Hyundai Tiburon).
no, if all you want to do is reinforce the sub frequencies in your music, it is a good choice, as long as it will be enough to keep up with the rest of the system.

no, if all you want to do is reinforce the sub frequencies in your music, it is a good choice, as long as it will be enough to keep up with the rest of the system.
Well I'm really looking forward to being able to do high pass on my 6x9s, and dedicated low pass on the subwoofer. That'll sound really good I'm guessing. The sub is rated for 200W RMS at 4 ohms.. the amp like I said earlier, is rated at 260W RMS at 4 ohms (that's 2 channel bridged). So the amp will be providing more than enough juice.

You think the sub will be able to roll with the 4 channel amp powering Focal components in the doors and Focal 6x9s in the back?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.