two 4ks

Participant count
  • Participant list
I do agree with the dual alts though.

I think dual alts is a very good idea. You can draw more than 300A with a single 4k theoretically. What's the fuse rating on your amp? But I would do 3-4 runs of both positive and negative depending on what size alts you get (if you go dual alt, which again should probably be done.), skip the grounding to frame. It depends on how you will play it too. If it's going to be cranked daily, definitely get a pair of alts. If it's only going to be cranked during comps or only sometimes for shorter durations, you should be ok with the biggest single alt you can find. And in that case, like I said before, you should be ok with 2 pos, 2 neg runs.

You have to look at where you will actually be drawing all your power from. Up front you only have your alt (single alt in this example), which you know exactly how much amperage it will kick out, and a single battery. So, from front to back, you have no more than 2 runs of 1/0ga CCA or OFC can carry traveling along that wire. In back, at the battery bank, is where your large draw potential is, because you have the amperage from the front (alt and batt) and all batts in back added together. That's where you really want some electrical beef.
i couldnt find any fusing ratings on the amp but soemone told me like 300-350 amps

you said you wanted to be loud ,i'm telling you this from experience run 2 power wires off of each alt and all the grounds from the fron battery to the rear batteries.you can cut the grounds down abit and run from the rear batts to the frame ,but you still need the 4 runs frt to back
Yes, this. 2 runs per alt, especially if you are using 300A alts.

i gained a whole db in the lanes by going from 4 runs of power and 4 runs of ground to 8 runs of each , just saying
Wow, really? And that was only from front to back runs, didn't change anthing in your battery bank? What did you have up front and in back?

i couldnt find any fusing ratings on the amp but soemone told me like 300-350 amps
Well then come on man, you can't see the difference in draw vs. supply here? If you want to go single, you have to realize that you won't be able to play it up high for a long period of time, and that your voltage is going to be sitting lower, because you are drawing from the batteries.

seeing i have the mojo 4kw as well i figured i would share this, i read before that it has the potential to pull 400amps. on music probly not however

seeing i have the mojo 4kw as well i figured i would share this, i read before that it has the potential to pull 400amps. on music probly not however
thanks for that! now i actually know what to fuse to. mostly gunna be music but will go to a few comps if they're close enough...

one odessey pc 2150 in the froand one in the back .garrett , those amps can draw 400 amps very easy at high power ,from what we have been talking about you'll need everything i'm talking about if you wanna beat that guy . also the 8 runs of power and 8 of grounds actually help keep the rear batts charged when playing , also you may wan external voltage regulators .maybe even look into a 16volt system ,those memphis amps really wake up at 18 volts ,you would be syurprised what they are capable of at that voltage

Yes, this. 2 runs per alt, especially if you are using 300A alts.
your saying run 2 wires from the ALT? I'm just curious if i should do this?

Sorry garretttt4, not trying to steal your thread just trying to learn alittle bit lol.

---------- Post added at 12:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:38 AM ----------

thanks for that! now i actually know what to fuse to. mostly gunna be music but will go to a few comps if they're close enough...
NP..... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fro.gif.c695f1f814b01c4ad99fe7f8cccadd29.gif

one odessey pc 2150 in the froand one in the back .garrett , those amps can draw 400 amps very easy at high power ,from what we have been talking about you'll need everything i'm talking about if you wanna beat that guy . also the 8 runs of power and 8 of grounds actually help keep the rear batts charged when playing , also you may wan external voltage regulators .maybe even look into a 16volt system ,those memphis amps really wake up at 18 volts ,you would be syurprised what they are capable of at that voltage
is the odessey a batt? just two of them?

---------- Post added at 09:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 PM ----------

yea we can work something out
good haha

your saying run 2 wires from the ALT? I'm just curious if i should do this?
Sorry garretttt4, not trying to steal your thread just trying to learn alittle bit lol.
idc haha

---------- Post added at 09:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:42 PM ----------

yes its the batts that i run,i have the 2 still ,bad azz batts too
text me a price. sounds sweet just having two batts, and sounds like theyll be expensive batts haha

idc haha 

---------- Post added at 09:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:42 PM ----------

text me a price. sounds sweet just having two batts, and sounds like theyll be expensive batts haha
these batts are expensive ,but with what you are trying to accomplish you'll need at least 6 of these to get there 500 each new .

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

garretttt4

10+ year member
big pimpin
garretttt4
Watertown sd
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date