Two 12" kicker comp subs question.

Can someone please tell me if this set up is good ?

I have my two kicker 12" 4 ohm svc comp subs in a sealed box hooked up to a boss riot r1100m mono amp 2 ohm stable and the speakers are wired in parallel to end with a 2 ohm ,

But I feel like there not performing that well , is there anything o can do besides buy a higher rms mono amp?

Oh wow , but I've read all reviews befor I've bought these items and heard all great, if not exceptional ratings for the subs and amp so I'm just a lost for words right now , and also I had this hooked up to a jbl 12 inch gt5 12d in a sealed box and it pounded like crazy, and that's just one sub, so I'm convinced that my amp does give good power , I'm sure of it.

Any thoughts?

I don't know your expectations of good power. The amp probably does 150-220 watts maximum rms. The efficiency of your subs os heavily box dependent. Meaning the wrong enclosure will kill the sound and output of a good sub. A mediocre sub in the wrong box will be even worse.

Oh wow , but I've read all reviews befor I've bought these items and heard all great, if not exceptional ratings for the subs and amp so I'm just a lost for words right now , and also I had this hooked up to a jbl 12 inch gt5 12d in a sealed box and it pounded like crazy, and that's just one sub, so I'm convinced that my amp does give good power , I'm sure of it.
Any thoughts?
Amp would be lucky to do 150 actual watts. Companies lie all the times and people on reviews are mostly 16 year old broke kids that never had a system before and are just happy they got an amp that works. You also got idiots and trolls that exaggerate the amp's performance as well on the reviews. Boss is bottom of the barrel chinese junk that completely lies on every amp they sell, thats their business model.

Now thats out of the way... How did you set the gains on the amp? What are your head unit settings? Sub level, volume levels aka your current volume and your max volume. What wiring do you have?

Its not the best amp but it should still push subs fine.

My gain is set 3/4 ,bass boost on full way level input/sensitivity/crossover 3/4

Head unit treble full, mids on half and bass off ,

I have a 4 ga running from the battery with 60 amp fuse going to a none fused dist block into 8 ga to amps , and 4 ga to dist block to 8 ga ground , I think it's a pretty solid setup considering the wattage I'm dealing with , any thoughts? Anything is helpful

My gain is set 3/4 ,bass boost on full way level input/sensitivity/crossover 3/4

I have a 4 ga running from the battery with 60 amp fuse going to a none fused dist block into 8 ga to amps , and 4 ga to dist block to 8 ga ground , I think it's a pretty solid setup considering the wattage I'm dealing with , any thoughts? Anything is helpful
Bass boost should never be on full. In fact it should never be on. Bass boost destroyes subs worse than anything else. Your wiring sounds good. If you want the setup to be louder you are going to need a proper amp. The boss amps have been tested and they are always way below rms. Dont be afraid to get an amp that has a little too much power for those subs. You can always turn the amp down and keep it clean. Also a ported box will help output considerably.

set your head unit to 80% of max volume, find the subwoofer level on the head unit and max it out then reset your gains again. Your amp is completely set wrong btw. Its dangerous the way you currently have it, you dont want to dirty the signal with boosting things on the amp, you'd rather have a strong pre-out signal from the head unit instead.

Also sounds like you dont have anywhere near enough power for the subs.

Thanks for the help.

So what did was built my own ported sub plugged it in, and changed around some setting , but kept the bass boost at full with level only at 1/4 and it sounds better , not as much as I hoped but still better,

I'm currently looking to get another amp , preferably mono, under 150$ cad, any suggestions?

Thanks for the help.
So what did was built my own ported sub plugged it in, and changed around some setting , but kept the bass boost at full with level only at 1/4 and it sounds better , not as much as I hoped but still better,

I'm currently looking to get another amp , preferably mono, under 150$ cad, any suggestions?
Turn the boost off before you cook the speakers. It don't sound better. It's boosting 40hz and everything else is lacking

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.