tweets too high?

brafferty

CarAudio.com Elite
idaho
my friend keeps telling me my tweets are too high for his ears, but mine dont hurt at all, i turned mine up even because i love the extra "push" of sounds components send, anyone else in the same boat? I have a total of 6 tweets in my car, i feel like it surrounds the entire car in clean vocals

Everyone hears differently,This results in different tastes in their sound system settings. More bass, More highs....etc. Personally, I like a balance of all, Bass, mid's and highs. It's all personal preference. Same reason you really cannot answer the $1,000,000 question that is "always" asked in EVERY forum. That question being, "What's the best"? This is subjective.

im high as **** right now
32701468.jpg

If you tuned all your amps to highest non clipping volume then it should not be hurting.

I personally power my tweets a little lower then my mids to keep those high frequencies lower.

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk

Everyone is different, Some ears are very sensitive to high frequencies, I was like that before, Couldnt stand tweeters at all, anything above 5khz hurted me. Now, I still dont like harsh sounding tweeters but I love clean sounding tweeters. My girl's ears hurt from the tweeters while they do nothing to me. I guess i'm getting deaf/numb to it.

Could be a phase issue. I used to have a problem where if i sat in the driver seat. 1-2khz was extremely peaky, if i sat in the passenger side. It was really smooth. messed with the phases in the tweeters. Fixed it.

You could also have hearing damage. If your playing loud all the time.

Tell him to not be a pussy
thats exactly what i told him!

---------- Post added at 10:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 AM ----------

Could be a phase issue. I used to have a problem where if i sat in the driver seat. 1-2khz was extremely peaky, if i sat in the passenger side. It was really smooth. messed with the phases in the tweeters. Fixed it.
You could also have hearing damage. If your playing loud all the time.
i should check this out, ive been letting them "break in" kinda with the basic tuning ive got now, but in a bit ill re do it to perfect it

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.