2015 Civic EX sedan component set upgrade

Participant count
  • Participant list

delsoldon

New to the forum, not new to car audio, but was more knowledgeable back in the late '90s... so i can understand most technical info and i'm not really brand loyal (since most brands aren't the same today as they were back then).

I have recently picked up a 2015 Honda Civic EX sedan and I'm looking to upgrade the front component set as easily as possible. Since it is the EX sedan, it gets the mids in the front doors and tweeters in the pillars along with full range speakers in the rear deck. Powered only by the head unit (no separate stock amp) which honda rates the output as 160W max. The good news about the HU is that it is the touch screen unit.

The car is a lease, so everything done will have to be able to be returned to stock "if" I turn it back in at the end of the lease. Replacing the head unit is NOT an option because of all of the integration with other features of the car (steering wheel controls, iMid, backup camera, lanewatch camera, HDMI and 2 USB inputs, bluetooth, etc.). I would prefer to not install an amp since I would have to splice into the factory speaker leads in order to get a hi-level signal. If anything ever went wrong with the head unit, warranty would probably be voided if they saw the spliced wiring.

As far as cost, I am married so funds are limited. My wife believes that whatever I spend on my "wants", she gets to spend on hers... so a $150 purchase of mine is really like a $300 purchase, lol.

I did some looking tonight and these Soundstream PC.6 look good on paper: Soundstream PC.6 (pc6) 120W 6.5" 2-Way Picasso Series Car

Anybody have any personal experience with them on a stock head unit? I'm thinking that the high 94dB sensitivity would play nicely with the low power of the source.

Thanks for any help

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.