Tweeters to compliment 608GTI MKII components?

Participant count
  • Participant list

PrinceCharming
10+ year member

PrinceCharming
I am getting a pair of JBL C608GTI MKII components to go in my Grand Am and I am going to drill holes and point the tweets toward the windshield so I will still have my stock mounting place open and a Kicker IX402 just sitting around so I figured I would get a couple soft dome tweets to compliment the JBL titanium tweets. The stock mounting place is on-axis, 1-inch/25mm.

My question is what tweeters would work well with this set up? I would really like to have some soft domes to go with it if they will work. I dont know how to tell which ones would work because I can't really listen to any. What would you guys recommend?

Kicker Impulse IX402:

stereo, bridged mono, or Tri-way output

frequency response 20-20,000 Hz

40 watts x 2 at 4 ohms

120 watts x 1 in bridged mode

60 watts x 2 at 2 ohms

speaker-level inputs

MOSFET power supply

0-18 dB bass boost centered at 40 Hz

0-12 dB treble boost centered at 18,000 Hz

18 dB/octave crossover switchable at 70 or 110 Hz

If you guys need any more info just tell me. Thanks.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.