Tweeters shut off

you might have a short somewhere, try disconnecting the mid and run just the tweeter and see if it still shuts off.

by jumper bar they men just use a sliver bar the same size and the bulb as stated before.

try running the tweeters active and see if they cut out, if so, theres a short or overpower or something somewhere..

so i finanally did everything the manual says to do to disable this "tweeter protection" and nothing worked. I spent over 20 dollars trying to find wire to make this jumper the manual says and after installed, it still cut out.

Another thing I was trying to do was adjust the cross over points to see maybe setting those differently will make it louder( little black things) and one of them the black protection cover came off. LOL I Had to laugh when this happen. It happened on S1. This was when I was ready to put a sledge hammer to the crossover.

If you are like me who simply wants a component set to simply drop in and play and at high volume, this set is NOT for you. Based on all the crap I went through, this set is for people who want to by-pass the stupid cross-over(weak link) and go active. I mean how can rainbow make a set so people could bi-amp them and these things CANNOT handle power?

I eventually had to install my RSD cross-overs.

The OP told me that he replaced his bulbs and they haven't cut out yet. Now they even start to distort at such high volume. He's coming over tonight, I'll take a look to see if they are upside down or something.

What kind of power are you giving the set? I had this problem with a buddies set of Dyn 242s fed off of 2 channels from a jl 300/4 (roughly 75-90w aside). The tweeters would cut out at higher volumes. But then we bridged the 300/4 and gave each side about 150w, and the tweeters never cut out again. And the set got even louder and sounded better.

What kind of power are you giving the set? I had this problem with a buddies set of Dyn 242s fed off of 2 channels from a jl 300/4 (roughly 75-90w aside). The tweeters would cut out at higher volumes. But then we bridged the 300/4 and gave each side about 150w, and the tweeters never cut out again. And the set got even louder and sounded better.
I was giving mine 150 rms per side bridged. i figured the amp was not good and went and baught a MB QUART amp which is giving them i think 125 per side. not bridged.

they play wonderfully now with the rsd crossover.

ok so bulbs are back in its been three days or so and they never cut out and i can turn them up and make them distort which is way louder than any listening volume. I dont understand it but who cares

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.