Tweeters shut off

old_greg
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
ok i have SLC 230.25 NG - Rainbow SLC NG 5.25" 2-Way Components

and the tweeters cut out when i reach a higher volume level but dont distort.

In the manual it says this is a safety feature to protect the tweeters and it says to remove the halogen bulbs in the x-overs and replace with a silver jumper to take off the safety feature.

I replaced both bulbs with some wire as it says in the manual and the tweeters are still going out.

Anyone with rainbow now how to solve this problem?

LOL when you find a cure/answer please let me know. just got these and saying its annoying is an under statement. I havent tried that silver wire yet but now im wondering if should seeing what you just wrote.

BTW ive posted this on here plus PM people to find out and nothing.

LOL when you find a cure/answer please let me know. just got these and saying its annoying is an under statement. I havent tried that silver wire yet but now im wondering if should seeing what you just wrote.
BTW ive posted this on here plus PM people to find out and nothing.
Replace your bulbs with a jumper and see if it works. I'm clueless.

Replace your bulbs with a jumper and see if it works. I'm clueless.
The OP did that and it still cuts out. now what. LOL

I think its rediculous for a set costing 5 times as much as the RSD to cant get as loud as them. i do like the smoothness or the rainbow tweets though. i just wish those things gets loud without cutting out.

i figured i dropped 270 on components the tweeters would be the ****.

the quality is there but the fact they cant get as loud as the brothering woofers angers me

why put those tweeters with the woofers when they cant keep up

i figured i dropped 270 on components the tweeters would be the ****.the quality is there but the fact they cant get as loud as the brothering woofers angers me

why put those tweeters with the woofers when they cant keep up
when you find the answers to all those questions, please let me know.

Im still going to try this SILVER wire thing just to say ive tried all the options.

Ive already purchase a nice amp for them and they still dissapoint. after ive tried the silver wire and if they still cut out. imma throw these **** in the garbage and get some focal.

The OP did that and it still cuts out. now what. LOL
I think its rediculous for a set costing 5 times as much as the RSD to cant get as loud as them. i do like the smoothness or the rainbow tweets though. i just wish those things gets loud without cutting out.
The OP and I are friends, we did it together at his house.

You both should contact rainbow and see if they say the same thing. There is no doubt they can get louder... they aren't even distorting when they cut out.

Rainbow & cdt audio & a coupe of other companies do that for a tweeter protection,

try switching out xovers to a better passive set or just go active & you want have that problem any more

havent tried that but wouldnt that not be good idea becuase then there is a circuit that isnt complete? And isnt a short when the electric trys to pick a shorter path to something blowing a fuse?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.