Tweeter suggestions?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Eddie Havok
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
new york
Blew my tweeters (soundstream tw2.2) today and would like some suggestions for new ones. Mids are pwx 6.5's off a arcaudio 300.2

Would like to use 1" tweeters or smaller so 1 can use my current mounting locations, or will reglass sail panels if they are a little bigger. Also running them off headunit, so must have passive crossover and get loud enough on 20w.

I have a pair of those CDT tweets in the armrest of my doors, and they sound fantastic with 50 rms on them..doesnt take much for them and sound clean/smooth,Great tweets!

cdt tw 25 ,$70 shipped new use your old x overs ,no need for new ones ,or were you running active ?
Can't use same crossovers, they were 12db 2500h, witch is too low of a crossover point. I thinks thats why the tweeters blew in the first place. I was running them active crossed at 3300 with no issues for a year prior.

Can't use same crossovers, they were 12db 2500h, witch is too low of a crossover point. I thinks thats why the tweeters blew in the first place. I was running them active crossed at 3300 with no issues for a year prior.
i can add a set of xovers for another $40 then you'll have a passive x over for the mids and tweets

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.