Tweeter PLacement

mark871214
10+ year member

texas
I have a set of Morel Tempo 6's and was wondering wheres the best place to place the tweeters. I have some some dash speakers right under the windshield facing up, and I would like to take them out and put my tweeters there. Would this sound ok? I heard its best to keep the tweeters close to the mids but really don't want to drill holes in my door. Any suggestions?

put the tweets by the mids in a criss cross pattern. have your passenger tweet aimed at the driverside, and driverside tweet aimed at the passenger seat

I have a set of Morel Tempo 6's and was wondering wheres the best place to place the tweeters. I have some some dash speakers right under the windshield facing up, and I would like to take them out and put my tweeters there. Would this sound ok? I heard its best to keep the tweeters close to the mids but really don't want to drill holes in my door. Any suggestions?

Hard to tell, since we don't have your ears, or your exact situation.

Try it out and see if you like it. All you have to do is just place them there and maybe use some double sided tape to hold em in place just for a quick test.

kicks aimed towards middle/back of car, also somewhat upward FTW

try it like this and i can almost promsie you wont go back

Dash-mounted tweets can be surprisingly good. Try it and see //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Dash-mounted tweets can be surprisingly good. Try it and see //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Very interesting, how come I havent tried this yet? Thanks for the idea.

dash mounted, aiming straight up towards the windshield? or angled a little towards the seats? because i have mine straight towards the windshield, and they sound good, but pretty harsh. (although they are bullet tweets lol, i guess thats expected.)

I always thought A pillar mounted tweets sounded good, im deciding on where i want my new tweets to be, possibly up high in the doors (Earthquake Screamers FTW)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.