Tweeter mounting input.

Participant count
  • Participant list

3toneEYZ

CarAudio.com Newbie
FL
Hi,

I am replacing the JL C2 component tweeters with Hertz MP28.3. My Pioneer DMH-W4660NEX is in Network mode. Should I put them in the OEM location where the grille is or use the supplied pods as shown in the pix? Would it matter?

Attachments

• 20240510_180834.jpg
    20240510_180834.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 2
Honestly, those factory locations look pretty good. Not a fan of dash mounting tweeters in pods or on the dash - pods under the windshield, reflections and all. Midranges go great in dash corners facing up because the windshield acts like a waveguide but tweeters can get particularly nasty doing that. If you could mount them at eye level off the A pillar, that would be best.

I would utilize the that factory location myself. Though.. You can take and try the other location of the dash temp setup to see which location sounds best to you. Tape or velcro works great usually to try different locations.

Ok, I will use the OEM location and wiring. The 5.25's are lower door. Buick gave it some thought because there is a plastic inner panel with a sealed compartment for them.

Last edited:
Ok, I will use the OEM location and wiring. The 5.25's are lower door. Buick gave it some thought because there is a plastic inner panel with a sealed compartment for them.
Those tiny plastic enclosures are not a good thing. I put some expensive speakers in mine and they sounded awful. Ended up removing the boxes and mounting the speakers to the outside of the doors.

Actually the pods do not impact the sound of tweeters at all, it's all about location, reflections and pods while great in some locations, can be a real disaster close to or right under the windshield.

Since the OP has the pods, it is best to just move them around ( i have a cheap little MIC tripod I duck tape the pods to) and see where they sound the best. Usually, at around eye level on the a pillar is going to give you your best sound/imaging. The upper door (OEM in this scenario) would be the next best option - as is also true in most other applications.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...