turning car audio into home audio

Yeah. A 12V regulated and filtered power supply would suffice for testing. Try MCM or Parts Express. Make sure you have enough current. Car amps can draw nearly 40% of what they claim.

i have a small 120 to 12 volt power supply. used it to run a hu and a 4 ch and a mono block amp and a 12 with 2 6.5 inch speakers. i'd sell it for 50 + shipping ...
You have all that hooked up to a 'small' psu? How many amps is it?

its not a psu. its actually a 120 to 12 volt power supply... lol i believe its a 20 amp. its a 4 ch one at that. you dont have to have all things wired to one spot it has 4 different pos and neg running out. its great.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

yall. I unplugged the radio harness and the antenna and plugged it all back in and it works. I guess its fixed… suppose it was the head unit...
It should be called the accessory wire...it should be connected so that it only see power when the car is on...if its connected to constant power...
I’ve got a 1500 watt amp and 2 kicker 12” subs that play a loud hum when I turn the car off. This note plays during the time between the engine...
Perhaps you changed something without mentioning it here? Maybe a loose turn on line? I dunno man...but we'll take it. Hopefully it keeps working. 👍
You tried the external relay with no success? If so, how did you wire it?

About this thread

armyatc1

Banned
armyatc1
Iraq
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from