turn on/off thumps

Participant count
  • Participant list

austin9421

AR
:confused:Well I am using a 700W kicker amp on two kicker 10" comp vr's. The truck was already wired for subs when i purchased it and then i put in my stuff and it worked fine for a few months but now everytime i turn my HU on, the amp turns on/off and makes a short thump sound every few seconds and they just do that instead of working. Anyone have a clue what my problem could be or what I could do to fix it? I just got the amp and I really dont know where to start with this problem

I have a Sony CDX-F5700 HU, and the first problem i found was that the fuse on my remote wire right behind my deck was blown, which my friend told me is pretty rare considering sometimes they dont even put on the fuse holder. But I figure there was something wrong enough to blow my fuse. But still no clue what the problem is.

is the amp getting enough power? check the voltage at the amp to see if its above 12v, if not you have a power or ground problem. Could be the remote wire or RCAs as well, but I'm guessing its a power/ground issue

ill have to check on that, my friend is bringing over the volt meter this afternoon so hopefully i can figure something out

well im getting complete power going into the amp from the remote wire and the power wire. But coming out of the amp I am getting power surges which is what is causing the thump, the Protection light is also lit up on the side of the amp. So should I try to contacat kicker about the amp??

well im getting complete power going into the amp from the remote wire and the power wire. But coming out of the amp I am getting power surges which is what is causing the thump, the Protection light is also lit up on the side of the amp. So should I try to contacat kicker about the amp??
you have a good, solid ground? if so, i'd call kicker

Quoted from another sites post: Thx to GreenBeast999

"Right this is what i have done with my system to prevent startup and shut down thump.

it just uses a normal bosch 5 pin automotive relay

what happens is the relay uses (opus) molex power connection to switch the ignition feed to the amp.

this means that when you turn the key, the relay will connect the supply and turn on the amp at the same time or slightly after the motherboard.

and when you turn off (take key out) the ignition goes dead before the relay is opened which prevents shut down thump (this was the issue i had)"

here is a pic:

turnonrelay.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.