turbusa's dyno #'s......

jonnybusa
10+ year member

200mph club...turbo busa
XXX, usa
a couple wks ago, I got a new boost contorller on my bike, and me and my buddy Mikey slowe did some tuning w/ my new plenum/injectors.........

The best run is w/ 23 pound of boost and c16.......usually on pump gas I see around 320rwhp now..........

Last fall, w/ 348rwhp, I went 8.44@167 in the 1/4, so I'm hoping for 8.0's or close to it............pix

mydyno2.gif

mydyno.gif

more pix and updates soon....

Is 400 hp a lot for a bike?
as a reference, bone stock, it made 164rwhp, and 97lb/ft, and I had it to 190mph, and 9.78-1/4 mile......it also did 85 mph in 1st gear........

Now, I can be in 5th gear doing 150, and crack the throttle, and instantly be looking @ the sky......also can haze the tire @ that speed @ will.....

^^ Just curious? do you drive on the road with it???
What I am getting at is what is your insurance, and gas milage??
yes, I ride it 4-5 times a week.......it rides just like stock off boost, but turns evil w/ even a little boost......The whoooooosh is LOUD as hell, and the wastegate is noisy, but all in all....not too bad. My right leg gets a little warm....(note the dump exhaust in pic below). I had just liability insurance b4, and it was only $225 a year, but after my firend and neighbor was killed on his, I got full cov'g, and its $899 a year....And I never even go around the block w/o my helmet.

Believe it or not, on pump gas, and off boost, cruising, I average about 35mpg, but worse, as my hang gets happy................a couple pix............

DSCN1652.jpg

DSCN1654.jpg

is this a daily driver kind of bike? what kind of fuel economy are you seeing?
once you get used to the extended swingarm, power, and how low it is, its fine.....It doesnt take corners like it used to, but this is my top speed and 1/4 bike, as is my stang, and my '01 gixxer 1000 is the corner carver

Is 400 hp a lot for a bike?
Ummmmm, yes?

Seeing as an LS1 camaro Z28 has a little over 300 horsepower and weighs 3400 pounds, I'd say that 400 horsepower on something that weighs 600 pounds is a lot. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

yes, I ride it 4-5 times a week.......it rides just like stock off boost, but turns evil w/ even a little boost......The whoooooosh is LOUD as hell, and the wastegate is noisy, but all in all....not too bad. My right leg gets a little warm....(note the dump exhaust in pic below). I had just liability insurance b4, and it was only $225 a year, but after my firend and neighbor was killed on his, I got full cov'g, and its $899 a year....And I never even go around the block w/o my helmet.Believe it or not, on pump gas, and off boost, cruising, I average about 35mpg, but worse, as my hang gets happy................a couple pix............

DSCN1652.jpg

DSCN1654.jpg
fantastick bike man, glad to hear bout the helmet. and all in all with the insurance and gas milage its not a bad commuter. I bet you turn heads when hit the throttle and your tire goes sky high in any gear then comes the woosh....... lol....

really nice job. how does it handle being stretched like that? That swing arm prolly gets it the way.

I actualy loled at the hot leg comment!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.