turbo people enter...

pitbull12887
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
waxhaw, NC
I wish I had a kit like that for my car and my car came with a turbo. I own a VW TDI (Turbo Direct Injection) and upgraded my turbo and had to make all the piping myself. The turbo and IC (InterCooler) alone came to over $1000. Then add to it the fittings, Down pipe and hoses and I don't even know what it cost. I have another turbo I want to put on and have to make everything new again, including retro fit the exhaust manifold.

Kit looks good, Turbo is a hybrid and looks pretty fair. The one thing you need to keep in mind is engine managment. Once you put a turbo on a non-turbo car (or upgrade on a turboed car) you need to retune the engine. You should also have an A/R (air to fuel ratio) gauge before you do any of this! An EGT (Exhaust Gas Temp) gauge would be helpfull too //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Other then that the kit looks pretty good and the price is darn good too (almost too good but I don't know the Honda stuff).

yea everything is cheap for hondas...they have them kits about that cheap for almost any4 cylinder. I plan on getting some guages. I dont know crap about 4 clinders so when i go to rebuild it could i get it bored over and everything like a v8? What all could i do to add a little performance when i rebuild it?

Thanks

I wouldn't even waste your money on that kit. Ebay turbos are notorious for blowing up once you get over 10psi. The problem is that they are not balanced properly. If I were you I'd start looking at actual performance shops and not ebay. Garret, precision, hks and turbonetics all provide quality products. Remember quality isn't cheap.

just piece together your own kit and take your time.. a t3/t4 is good for like 400+hp.. i wouldn't run one if your not going to be boosting much.. get a hondata to tune and a smaller turbo

anybody? wheres all the asians? lol

im azn. but dont mess with that kit. you can build your own for less check out homemadeturbo.com they have information on everything you will need to know and there are poeple who put toeather kits for way less then that.

im azn. but dont mess with that kit. you can build your own for less check out homemadeturbo.com they have information on everything you will need to know and there are poeple who put toeather kits for way less then that.
thanks

If you want to turbo a n/a car and do it correctly with the stock internals you're looking to spend about $3k on a custom built kit with tuner, exhaust, etc....

I personally would build a kit myself rather than by a pre-fabbed because the pre-fab ones typically don't have everything you need(i.e, exhaust, larger fuel pump, injectors, engine management, etc...) and you've already spent nearly nearly $3k for that kit.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.