89 Corolla

Alpine CDA-9815
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
BFE
My bud is selling his 89 Corolla, I'm thinking of buying it. They are not the nicest cars out there, but I need a DD, the GTO is just driving me nuts. Plus with gas prices getting 11-12 in town and 18-19 on the highway is getting expensive.

The car has 100k-110k miles. The only issues with it is that it needs a new AC compressor and a new door handle for the rear passanger door. The paint and body is in very good condition. It's a 3 speed auto with a carbed motor //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif, but still gets 28ish MPG @ 70mph. I know it's been well taken care of and he is asking $800 for it.

I just need something CHEAP that gets good gas milage, what do you think? Anything go bad in these cars that I would need to replace soon?

I'll probably buy it tomorrow, it runs fine. No ac, it blows so that's a good sign I'm sure it's just the compressor.

Plus my GTO's motor is not getting any oil, fvck new cars. It does not even have an oil pressure guage and it's a mother to test it unless you have a Tech II, which I do not.

convert it to fuel injection and bypass the smog system including the cat and you'll get an extra 10mpg ftw //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Haha yeah the plan is to keep it and make it fuel injected with a manual trans.
skip the fuel injected, i currently own this car

it runs great carbed, and shouldnt have a problem running otherwise, the conversion isn't worth the extra money.

skip the fuel injected, i currently own this car
it runs great carbed, and shouldnt have a problem running otherwise, the conversion isn't worth the extra money.
What kind of gas milage do you get?

That's about what I figured I would get. Either way I want to make it a manual trans.
not worth changing anything in the car IMO, lot of money for nothing.

put a system in the car and be done with it.

Oh... it'll be a cheap ass system lol.
well max dimensions ive had to work with(trunk)

14H 30w 30D

15.5H 30w 20d TOP 24deep bttom

2 12"s 1 15 max in a slanted box

it HAS to go in through the back seat

if you happen to use 30x30 you have to take out the back seat just to fit the box in through the door, then push the front seats forward.

theres alot of little tricks i used for stuff like this:D

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.