tuning

thats not what im concerned about. i want to know how to tune my own **** and know how to do it nto have somone else do it for me

Originally posted by AScreenName thats not what im concerned about. i want to know how to tune my own **** and know how to do it nto have somone else do it for me
good attitude, and if I knew how to tune boxes I would let you know //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Originally posted by Brock good attitude, and if I knew how to tune boxes I would let you know //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
lol thanx man

Well, yes, port length and diameter relate to tuning and box volume. I know that at http://www.jlaudio.com they have a tutorial section with the formula for ports and such. Download winISD and read the tutorial in that, you can use that program to get parameters and such. I forgot the website, just do a search on google or yahoo for "winisd alpha"

thanks alot they do have that tutorial. i understand it all except for "cross sectional area of port". what do they mean by cross sectional

the lower you tune, the more sq you retain theoretically right?

so since ports and sq dont' go hand in hand, the lower you tune, the less effectivness of a port you have? just want to get **** straight. i've been in the dark on ports for a while

Originally posted by AScreenName the lower you tune, the more sq you retain theoretically right?

so since ports and sq dont' go hand in hand, the lower you tune, the less effectivness of a port you have? just want to get **** straight. i've been in the dark on ports for a while
correct

I didn't look at the tutorial that was listed above yet but the cross sectional area of port is how many square inches the opening is. For example you can make a port opening round, square, or slotted it makes no difference as long as the area of the opening is the same and the length is the same.

For tunning I usually like to start tuned a little high "IE shorter port" and then take some rolled up construction paper or something like that and put it in the port to make a telescopic section that I can pull out to extend the port or push in to shorten it. I adjust this by ear and when the corect length is found cut a final port of the right leangth and mount it in the box.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.