Box fit? Ok for sub?

TRANSAMCHARGER
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I measure my trunk its 5 feet x 2.5 feet x 1.5 + feet, (rough estement)

I calculated that a box at 3.5 ft x 1.5 ft x 1.25 ft= 6.56 cu ft. would this

box fit in my trunk, i believe so. I'm savin up for a 15" brahma, i have my eclipse amp 800 watts for it and i was reading on adire's site that on guy put up some serious numbers w/ a 6.6 cu ft box w/ 1 15" brahma tuned at 55 htz w/ an 800 watt amp.

And if I make it myself it souldnt be hard cuz its gonna be rectangle?

Should i have the sub fire up tward the trunk?

Thanx

yea it will affect ur spl numbers. correct me if i am wrong anyone, cuz i am pretty **** sure cuz it made my system alot louder by facing my subs towards my tailgate instead of firing up

Originally posted by jbl_marshall21 yea it will affect ur spl numbers. correct me if i am wrong anyone, cuz i am pretty **** sure cuz it made my system alot louder by facing my subs towards my tailgate instead of firing up
thats just from your drivers seat.....but it really depends on the car, the box, the sub and many other factors. you just have to move it around and see whats best.

as far as comps go, it depends on where the mic is placed.

yeah, faceing the sub towards the the back of the trunk allows the waves to bounce off the back of the trunck and back towards the front windsheild as to where bass is meausered.. facein the subs upwards, send the waves up towards the trunk, then back down then back up and s on..loosen alot of bass b4 it does reach the front winsheild... thats my opinion anyways

Originally posted by TRANSAMCHARGER Would the numbers be better if it was slanted aliitle more than this address below.

http://www.black00.8k.com/cgi-bin/i/brahmabox/finishedruler.jpg

Im gonna build a box like this same 6.6 cu ft w/ that port but mine will be slanted more. The front is gonna be 5 " slanted up to 16".
w/ the mic in the port it will get **** loud no matter where you face it

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.