Tuning Freq. for DD 2512's

Participant count
  • Participant list

Drunken.Swagger
10+ year member

CaDDence Ho
Dallas
I'm designing a box for my 2 DD 2512's and I'm reading all the info I can find, but I'm hoping someone on here has experience and can tell me:

Would a 30Hz tuning frequency have a noticeably lower extension than a box tuned to 40Hz for these subs?

DD says that the subs can play well below the box loading point, but I want to know how true that is. This is going to be a daily driver and I love really low bass so I want to know from someone with experience what the best tuning frequency would be.

Thanks,

-Ryan

dd's dont work well in sealed boxes. the sub will also use the car for loading as well and you could allways make a plexi-glass loading wall for them. i am running a 1508 with about a 35,36hz tuning and it dishes out outstanding lows. playing test tones, its very solid and quite loud down to 27hz.

so i would go for a 35hz or so tuning, you should be happy. what car are they going in?

-vic

2.25 tuned to 34 would do pretty good.. althought the best alignment for SQ is 2 subes tuned to 32 with 40IN^2 of port area, there a bit inefficient but thats what you get with you want lowered grouupy delay and a flat response...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.