Tuning Boxes?

SofaKingSic96
10+ year member

Bay Area
Sorry I'm a newbie to all this so don't laugh. What do you guys actually mean when you ask what the box is tuned too? And how do you go about checking the tuning and changing it. I want to make my box get lower. I have a ported bandpass with 3 12" L7's.

You cant just change the tuning of your box. Tuning is determined by the box size, and port area. If you have a bandpass box in the first place, get rid of it. Have someone make you a box for your subs, or get someone to design one.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/search.gif.e79a63b2b580b39b282dff402646b704.gif next time

its a ported bandpass if that makes any difference. The port goes straght to the port cut out in my rear dash. For the car I have those boxes get the best sound.(from what Ive heard) I have a 96 Impala.

its a ported bandpass if that makes any difference. The port goes straght to the port cut out in my rear dash. For the car I have those boxes get the best sound.(from what Ive heard) I have a 96 Impala.
And where did you hear this, Circuit City? That is BS... And just about any box with a hole = ported.

I have had Ported boxes custom built, and they sound like shat. Everyone I know with 94-96 impala's that don't have that format I talked about, there system sounds like asss. I have had alot of car audio guys say what you said but are always proven wrong. Those cars just have a shat load of dead trunk space. I'm not i'm saying I know more then you so I don't want to go back and forth, but trust me I know what sounds good and convetional boxes ported or bandpass sound WEAK!

a sealed box with the subs firing straight at the Port in my rear dash, with a ported cover to conseal(sp) the pressure the port is like a tunnel on top of the box going straight to the port in my rear dash. Thats the best I can explain it. Someone tell me how to post Pics. and I'll show you guys. My shat slaps hard I'm not going to lie but I wanted to see if it could get lower. The only thing I think that would be better is if the subs were firing towards the back seats.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.