Tunes of Metairie

Eugenics

Princess
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Jul 20, 2005
Arbys
Wait...haha...is there something i dont know about this guy?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif
No its the fact that decipha is a joke and his girlfriend probably has a jawline that would put david lettermans to shame. god knows i wouldn't be giving her my number to save my life.

WhoSayWho?

Preston Caught a Predator
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Jun 21, 2006
Hempstead State Park
The guy was so nice he took her old sub out the box and put the new one in. He also disposed of the old sub and then proceeded to give her his phone number.
So are you trying to imply that a sober person would actually make an effort to boink your girl? I don't believe it for a second.

SilverSquared

Fat guy on the GROUND.
10+ year member
Dec 12, 2005
Southeast Louisiana
I hate mobile one. LMAO. I really do. The sales kids know absolutely NOTHING. They just try to push everything expensive.

Walk in and say you're on a budget, they still push JL-W7s.

phantom240

ALL YOUR INTERNETZ
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Aug 8, 2005
Southeast Louisiana
Yeah and they slip with their drill and puncture your cone surround and crack the cone...

bookechu

10+ year member
Sep 2, 2006
New Orleans
All of you guys are around the new orleans area? We need to do a meet or something. Can any of you guys help me alter my box. I blew one of my L7s, but I have two circle 15s laying around and I want to convert the box. I work at bestbuy on the westbank. PM me

Skip01

Diggy
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Apr 2, 2006
Marrero,LA
All of you guys are around the new orleans area? We need to do a meet or something. Can any of you guys help me alter my box. I blew one of my L7s, but I have two circle 15s laying around and I want to convert the box. I work at bestbuy on the westbank. PM me
Just build a new one...best bet

JeffreyG

10+ year member
Feb 10, 2007
New Orleans
I built a box for 1 15" this weekend. 4cubes @ 33hz. Took a couple good hours work and the tools used for all pretty basic.

And I'm awaiting a reply from Tunes. I want to go check them out next week once I have the sub wired in the box.

If I have the amp installed, the rest should be a piece of cake right? Just run speaker wire from amp to terminal on box, right?

fawd06

CarAudio.com Elite
10+ year member
Jul 6, 2006
Marrero, LA
i don't have the time, nor the tools. Can someone help me out?
are u willing to pay or need someone to help u out?

icpurplepplalot

I'm Old Greg
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Nov 30, 2006
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
good to know that we have some decent shops in La. The guys who own the shops in Hammond are stupid and know nothing.

bookechu

10+ year member
Sep 2, 2006
New Orleans
as far as the physical aspect i can probably do that, but I don't know how to use the programs that help you calculate ports and the other stuff. I pretty much need help with the design.

JeffreyG

10+ year member
Feb 10, 2007
New Orleans
I got no email response from Tunes and I called today but no answer. I'm sure they must be closed today, it is Sunday. I have the box complete with sub wired in and now I need that amp installed.

I'm going to call tomorrow morning and see whens the soonest they can get me in.

Its killing me looking at this beast in the back but not having it powered up.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crying.gif.ec0ebefe590df0251476573bc49e46d8.gif

JeffreyG

10+ year member
Feb 10, 2007
New Orleans
I just got my sub & amp installed at Tunes and I'm noticing a crackling noise coming from the tweeter on the dash of my Jeep GC. I've had a blow tweeter before but it was different. This noise doesn't go away when I fade/balance to other speakers and it doesnt go away when the volume is at 0.

The install was good, the sub sounds great, and they even have the bass knob mounted flush on the center compartment. The only thing I can think of is that they hit the speaker wire when installing the amp to the HU or something. Any suggestions as to what happened?

JeffreyG

10+ year member
Feb 10, 2007
New Orleans
Just to clear things up. The problem was the ground and/or speaker wire came loose on the Head Unit, mainly due to my own shitty install, not necessarily Tunes' fault. I fixed it in like 30 seconds.

TUNES Review:

Quick & Easy

Brought it in out of the blue and got it back within a couple hours.

Good, clean install. no loose or visible wires

GOOD job with the bass knob, its my favorite part. They cut a hole in the center compartment (Between driver and passenger seats, to store crap in) and the have the knob mounted flush right there. I'm not sure how they did it, theres no signs of the wire anywhere. Godd Job.

Amp mounted good on the backseat like I asked.

Had everything set up and ready for me to bump

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S General Discussion 1

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Newest threads

Most posts - Past 30 days

Latest classifieds