Tunes of Metairie

Decipha

www.EFI Dyno Tuning.com
10+ year member
Mar 23, 2005
New Orleans, LA
Located near the clearview shopping center on veterans hwy. My lady friend with benefits went in to get a replacement sub that was blown during installation at mobile1 - what kinda shiit is that?? Tunes sold her a JL 10w3v3-2 for $100 with a lifetime warranty. The guy was so nice he took her old sub out the box and put the new one in. He also disposed of the old sub and then proceeded to give her his phone number. Very nice people at tunes. Only place I'd recommend for car audio in the new orleans and surrounding area.

be sure to stay away from MobileOne, kids that work their don't know the difference between ohms and hertz. Seriously, I asked.

Decipha

www.EFI Dyno Tuning.com
10+ year member
Mar 23, 2005
New Orleans, LA
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I don't see why not.. don't expect a warranty though

what part of the city you in?

phantom240

ALL YOUR INTERNETZ
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Aug 8, 2005
Southeast Louisiana
The shop I work at installs any amp, wether you buy it there or not... so I dont see why they wouldnt. Of course, theyre gonna charge you a fee to do it, but thats kinda a given. What kinda amp?

phantom240

ALL YOUR INTERNETZ
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Aug 8, 2005
Southeast Louisiana
Ah good choice. And yeah, definately stay away from mobile one. They are an ignorant bunch of assclowns.

Decipha

www.EFI Dyno Tuning.com
10+ year member
Mar 23, 2005
New Orleans, LA
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
phantom... what shop you work at? if its close he could possible go there

phantom240

ALL YOUR INTERNETZ
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Aug 8, 2005
Southeast Louisiana
Its across the lake in slidell.. Its called T.O.S. Enterprises (thunder of slidell).

JeffreyG

10+ year member
Feb 10, 2007
New Orleans
Well I sent an email to Tunes asking if they install amps that they didnt sell, and whether or not I could supply the amp kit. If they won't install it then I'd be driving to slidell, phantom.

And by the way, how much would you think it would cost to install the amp with or without bringing my own amp kit? I want to see if TOS has a much better deal.

phantom240

ALL YOUR INTERNETZ
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Aug 8, 2005
Southeast Louisiana
Bringing your own amp kit wont cost extra, but if you need one, they have some there that will be tacked on to the install price. My boss says that installing an amp will run ya about $35. I personally dont work in the bay, but in out other store where we do retail. Our store got flooded so I work in the mall location and the install bay is just a little bit away.

JeffreyG

10+ year member
Feb 10, 2007
New Orleans
This weekend I built a box for my new 15" Fi SSD and today I went looking for a speaker terminal, 12gauge wire, and conenctors to connect wire and terminal. I went to Radioshack(lol), Bestbuy(rotfl), and CircuitCity(****!) No one knew the difference between a speaker terminal cup and a **** wiring harness for a head unit. I asked to see their speaker wire and they showed me a rinky dink amp kit, probably 10gauge.

I would be more than happy to drive across the lake if that meant an encounter with someone who actually knew a thing or two about car audio. I have an amp and a 15" sub that I still need to wire in the box I built that I need to have installed. The only thing I'm missing is an amp kit, but I'd rather buy a decent one from Knukonceptz than pay some mobil one douche twice as much to use one of their own.

So, Phantom, what is T.O.S. like? What would that install cost me?

JeffreyG

10+ year member
Feb 10, 2007
New Orleans
^^^ ok, I got it. you must have posted as I was typing.

Well I'll decide after I wire the sub where I'll go, and if Tunes will do the install. I may come by Slidell.

phantom240

ALL YOUR INTERNETZ
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Aug 8, 2005
Southeast Louisiana
I know our 0awg kit is like $70... I think all in all with amp wires, kit, mounting the sub and hooking it up youre looking at about $100-$125

JeffreyG

10+ year member
Feb 10, 2007
New Orleans
what if I used your 4gauge amp kit, if you sell them, and the sub was already mounted in the box, just needed to be hooked to the amp?

Skip01

Diggy
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Apr 2, 2006
Marrero,LA
what if I used your 4gauge amp kit, if you sell them, and the sub was already mounted in the box, just needed to be hooked to the amp?
Dude buy the kit online or something and come over to me and a friend we'll do it for free...provided u buy us some lunch hehe.

I have some extra 4ga u can have if u wanna try to piece together a kit...or a Stinger 1/0 kit i have on my car now that im not using and could take off and sell to u for a good price...and i have Soundquest 0ga-4ga output terminals to go into the amp...just a thought...pm me or aim..DatdudeBL

Also what Mobile One..clearview?

And they are a lot of nice people at Tunes...they do some football players stuff to i believe..and rappers.

Eugenics

Princess
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Jul 20, 2005
Arbys
Wow, he must be nice, to risk that troll giving him a call.

phantom240

ALL YOUR INTERNETZ
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Aug 8, 2005
Southeast Louisiana
4awg kits are $40. RCAs and all.

JeffreyG

10+ year member
Feb 10, 2007
New Orleans
Wait...haha...is there something i dont know about this guy?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif
is there something I don't know about myself?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S General Discussion 1

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Most posts - Past 30 days

Latest classifieds