Tunes of Metairie

I built a box for 1 15" this weekend. 4cubes @ 33hz. Took a couple good hours work and the tools used for all pretty basic.

And I'm awaiting a reply from Tunes. I want to go check them out next week once I have the sub wired in the box.

If I have the amp installed, the rest should be a piece of cake right? Just run speaker wire from amp to terminal on box, right?

as far as the physical aspect i can probably do that, but I don't know how to use the programs that help you calculate ports and the other stuff. I pretty much need help with the design.

I got no email response from Tunes and I called today but no answer. I'm sure they must be closed today, it is Sunday. I have the box complete with sub wired in and now I need that amp installed.

I'm going to call tomorrow morning and see whens the soonest they can get me in.

Its killing me looking at this beast in the back but not having it powered up.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crying.gif.ec0ebefe590df0251476573bc49e46d8.gif

Have they moved to their new location yet? You best bet may be to just go there. But only during the week.

I just got my sub & amp installed at Tunes and I'm noticing a crackling noise coming from the tweeter on the dash of my Jeep GC. I've had a blow tweeter before but it was different. This noise doesn't go away when I fade/balance to other speakers and it doesnt go away when the volume is at 0.

The install was good, the sub sounds great, and they even have the bass knob mounted flush on the center compartment. The only thing I can think of is that they hit the speaker wire when installing the amp to the HU or something. Any suggestions as to what happened?

Just to clear things up. The problem was the ground and/or speaker wire came loose on the Head Unit, mainly due to my own shitty install, not necessarily Tunes' fault. I fixed it in like 30 seconds.

TUNES Review:

Quick & Easy

Brought it in out of the blue and got it back within a couple hours.

Good, clean install. no loose or visible wires

GOOD job with the bass knob, its my favorite part. They cut a hole in the center compartment (Between driver and passenger seats, to store crap in) and the have the knob mounted flush right there. I'm not sure how they did it, theres no signs of the wire anywhere. Godd Job.

Amp mounted good on the backseat like I asked.

Had everything set up and ready for me to bump

I've been meaning to figure out how to work a digital camera, pics will be in the works.

it looks like a 15" SSD in a black gloss painted box, 4cuft @ 33hz in ther back of a black Jeep. Black on Black on Black basically.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fro.gif.c695f1f814b01c4ad99fe7f8cccadd29.gif

It wangs my brains out at half gain on amp and 0 bass boost on the knob:eek:

I've been meaning to figure out how to work a digital camera, pics will be in the works.
it looks like a 15" SSD in a black gloss painted box, 4cuft @ 33hz in ther back of a black Jeep. Black on Black on Black basically.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fro.gif.c695f1f814b01c4ad99fe7f8cccadd29.gif

It wangs my brains out at half gain on amp and 0 bass boost on the knob:eek:
Shoot me a PM sometime we can all meet up and take some vidz for you and make a lil montage..let me know:fro:

So wait... Does someone on here work at Tunes? And what's this I hear they're moving to a new location?? My brother used to go over there a lot.. He knew a guy there, Jason, I think..

So wait... Does someone on here work at Tunes? And what's this I hear they're moving to a new location?? My brother used to go over there a lot.. He knew a guy there, Jason, I think..
They moved from the little shop on Vets to a larger one on one of the streets behind it. I don't remember which street, but I think it's the same street as Terry's Mufflers.

They moved from the little shop on Vets to a larger one on one of the streets behind it. I don't remember which street, but I think it's the same street as Terry's Mufflers.
Is it some random warehouse looking building?

I went to a weak comp there like 2 weeks ago, i dont know if i was tunes though...but it was like a random warehouse looking thing....is that it?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

Decipha

10+ year member
www.EFI Dyno Tuning.com
Decipha
New Orleans, LA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies