Tundra Navi and USB issue

Participant count
  • Participant list

dafeist
10+ year member

wa state
Just purchased an oem navigation unit, non-jbl, for my truck and it just came in today. I have a 2012 Rock Warrior DC. Pulled my oem radio, no problems. Started to plug in the nav unit and found no place for the XM service (no loss there) but more strangely, the truck's original plug for the USB/AUX that fit in the back of my original stereo didnt fit in the new navi unit. I looked at the USB/AUX button and harness that the navi came with. It had two plugs on the harness. One of them fit perfectly in the back of the navi. The other had nowhere to go. So, after some trial and error, I shoved the oem USB wires into the dash, and pulled the new one through, connecting only one plug to the back of the navi unit. As I said earlier, the other one didnt fit anywhere so I just left it. Put everything back and everything works...sort of. I havent tried the auxillary yet to see if that works but somethings up with the unit reading the USB. I usually just run a memory stick in the USB port of my old 2010 and could bring up every song without fail. This unit will only see songs on it sometimes. About half the time itll play a song or two, then say audio off. The other half of the time it just doesnt seem to find the song. It recognizes that there is a portable device attached, just doesnt find the songs and eventually says audio off.

Anyone have any ideas as to why this is happening? Everything else works, AC, defrost, dimmer, steering wheel controls, etc.

Anyone have any idea as to what that other loose plug was supposed to go to in the new USB/AUX harness that came with the navi unit?

its a model of the tundra, double cab. only included the info because of possible wiring differences that someone may know about and may be causing the issue. But doubt its model specific.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.