Tundra DSR1/AMP Wiring????

Participant count
  • Participant list

redneck47441

I put in a DSR1, JBL Club 4505 amp, Hertz Components and JBL 12" sub in my 2018 JBL equipped tundra. Problem I'm having is the amp is supposed to be set on external input but the sub has little to no signal on ext. so it is set to internal. I've never messed with car audio before so I'm guessing I have the wiring wrong somewhere. The rca to the sub is currently unhooked because it makes no difference if it's hooked up or not.

View attachment archive.zip

I put in a DSR1, JBL Club 4505 amp, Hertz Components and JBL 12" sub in my 2018 JBL equipped tundra. Problem I'm having is the amp is supposed to be set on external input but the sub has little to no signal on ext. so it is set to internal. I've never messed with car audio before so I'm guessing I have the wiring wrong somewhere. The rca to the sub is currently unhooked because it makes no difference if it's hooked up or not.
Sub input should be set on INT if you just have front and rear inputs used.  If you have RCA's into the sub RCA input then you can use EXT for the sub signal but the level will be determined by the source.  Your issue seems to be the output settings in the DSR1. 

There should be a sub level setting in the DSR1, as well as the setting to turn the sub output on or off.  You need to go through the entire setup process in the DSR1.  Feel free to report back with your settings if you still have an issue. 

I have seen some RCA's that are mis-wired and are out of phase so people get audio with just one RCA connected but not with two.  This is rare but worth noting.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.