tube amp question

awdeo

n/a
I am currently intersted in buying a vacuum tube amp to power my high end. I am considering BK Butler but I can't seem to find any places online that carry them. Anyone know any places I could find tube amps and at a decent price?

Why do you want a tube AMP??? They don't take to vibration very well. They are over priced. They use ALOT of current at idle. They produce ALOT of heat. You couldn't tell the difference between them and a normal AMP. And if you don't beleave me A car audio pioneer, Richard Clark will give you $10,000 if you can tell the difference

Chris I doubt you have even heard one before. Don't come on here posting nonsense about things you may have heard about tube amps. All I did was inquire as to where I could possibly buy one, not to be told how awful they are.

if you can hear the difference in a AMP go to http://www.carsound.com Go into Richard Clarks general forum. Ask Richard to fly you out so he can conduct his $10,000 test. ALL expenses paid. It funny that car audio is the only industry that would pay MORE money to use out dated equipment! RC has conducted mant tests for the TUBE AMP BS people. listening tests that people have NEVER won. Then it was said that a TUBE AMP will excel when clipped. He conducted a test on that to and recorded the sounds on CD that you can receive for FREE. On the CD it can heard after so many dB of clipping the tube amp starts to sound worse! So you see I don't need to hear it cause it BS and many scientific tests have proven they aren't better and in clipping the are worse!

Rc challenged an BIG home tube AMP maker. $50,000 AMPs! RC told the maker that if they can pick their AMP in the blind $10.000 test that he would buy 15-20 of them for his home,work, studio.............they backed out.

I think he just wanted to know where to get one online. He didn't want to hear about RC's Challenge, nor does he want to be flown out to where ever. I seriously doubt he cares what amp is or isn't better, he wants a tube amp and wants to know where he can get it cheap.

Originally posted by chris229 he told me " Chris I don't think you've ever heard one" Like some how I going to be amazed by the sound of one
Because you were telling him bad things about it instead of telling him where to get it. Have you ever heard one? It's better to get an opinion from someone who has seen the products ability rather than just plain old hearsay.

Look first of all if someone want to buy a TUBE amp it is because all the BS they hear about them. To use a tube where there is limited current, vibration and heat is the norm is just a plain bad idea if you like them or not. You see I don't need to hear one cause science has proven there out dated in all aspects And using one is liken to using a steam engine in your car a telling everyone that THEY don't have a opinion cause they've never ridden in car car with one //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/banghead.gif.8606515f668c74f6de0281deb475b6fd.gif

planet audio makes some nice tube amps as well as Marc Antony.....They do sound warmer....why do you think guitar players use them and lot's of home audio guys like them....and I can tell a huge diff between the SQ of a solid state guitar amp and a tube amp....If they werent so bloody $$$ i would use them for my guitar and car.

and chris don't tell me other wise cause i can tell the diff between them both....if they are outdated then why are they manufactured.......things are really only out of date when they are no longer manufactured.....

Originally posted by taylor and chris don't tell me other wise cause i can tell the diff between them both....if they are outdated then why are they manufactured.......things are really only out of date when they are no longer manufactured.....
I know YOU can hear the difference cause you have the wool pulled over your eyes:rolleyes: The tube became out dated in 1944 when the chip came out. I was just reading a popular science mag and it was telling the story of the first computer/calculator. 17,000 tubes and took up an entire room. When they tuned it on half of philly lost power! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif Hey I bet vacuum tube computers and calculators give better answers than chip type //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif The reason companies still sell tube amps and sell them for a f**k load is cause BS believers will buy them. Hey i got a 8FT of $5,000 home stereo speaker wire to sell you. It gives better dynamic range with increased clarity:D

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.