Tsunami 5 Farad Capacitor Blue LEDs 4 Gauge mounts

Participant count
  • Participant list

caseymcc
10+ year member

Item(s) for Sale:

One Tsunami 5 farad digital capacitor

Item(s) Description/Condition:

Chrome plastic finish, Metal casing, awesome quality, been sitting in my closet for years, still in perfect working condition. Bought it about 4 years ago, been used for two of those years. Originally purchased for $200 bucks.

Price:

$65.00 gets you awesome power stiffening.

paypal or cash up front

Shipping and Miscellaneous Item Information:

Will ship to anyone, you pay shipping

Item Pictures:

View attachment 26528702

View attachment 26528703

View attachment 26528704

cap_001.jpg

cap_002.jpg

---------- Post added at 07:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:52 PM ----------

cap_003.jpg

---------- Post added at 07:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:53 PM ----------

guess it works now.

---------- Post added at 07:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:54 PM ----------

The whole Tsunami Logo on top lights up blue, voltmeter in blue

Perhaps if you explain the Power Stiffing Abilities to us some you might have even better luck with your sale.

I do not think I have seen any other caps for sale here so perhaps I, like many others, do not fully understand what this can do.

GLWS

Also thank you for posting the pics with your username.

Basically, a cap will help with short spikes in power being pulled from your cars charging system (dimming lights from bass, etc). If you're running your bass anywhere between 500-1500 watts and have dimming issues or dropouts in audio, then this will help. This would also make it beneficial for older model vehicles, because they ran lower amp alternators.

Caps are useless if you're running a heavier setup power-wise, anything over 1.5kW.. If you're running that much then you should hopefully be smart enough to realize a bigger battery and high output alternator setup is your only way. That is, if you're getting power issues to begin with.

A cap will do no more damage to a charging system than having an amp setup drawing too much power from it, it only sends it's charge when needed. The common misconception is that caps do more damage to a charging system of the car. This is true if they're misused. Caps were initially designed for sub amps to handle short spikes in power, mot multi-channel amps taking continuous levels of power.

When a cap is misued, placing it between your battery and multichannel, or all amps, then you risk possible long term issues with your alternator, you can burn it out, mess up the regulator, etc.. This is where I've heard people complain about their lack of function. Caps were never designed to be a cure-all for power issues. Good talk...

I will provide more information with my future posts, just didn't think it would be necessary in a car audio forum. My apologies there. It was one of my first for sale posts out of a bunch more.

And yeah it was 200 bucks, about 4 years ago, impulse buy at Circuit City. 5 Farads gives you a very decent level of charge, hence the high price, don't let the size fool you. Alumapro caps are even smaller and more powerful. If you really need a size comparison, I can do that.

TheMoreYouKnow.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.