trying to piece a budget friendly system for a friend any ideas?

ekah

Senior VIP Member
hawaii
he drives a 2007 honda accord

hes on a budget for his first system so i was thinking of these amps that ive seen floating around.

https://www.amazon.com/P1000-1-Precision-Power-Monoblock-Amplifier/dp/B005KW10ES/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1494806722&sr=8-1&keywords=ppi+1000

https://www.amazon.com/AudioPipe-APCL15001D-Power-Class-Amplifier/dp/B00BW54418/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1494806863&sr=8-1&keywords=audiopipe+amp+1500

or any other mono amps around that price range of 150 doing a good amount of power.

was thinking of either of these 2 subs to go with it.

Ev3 Series 12

LCS Series 12

not sure on his budget but i feel these would go well for a budget friendly set up

and for fronts i would recommend him the jbl p660c

with the https://www.amazon.com/Precision-Power-P900-4-4-Channel-Amplifier/dp/B005KVEPVO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1494807033&sr=8-1&keywords=ppi900.4

i have no experience with the audiopipe or the ppi1000 but iv seen those are options that are pretty good for the money unless someone can recommend something better for similar price

nor do i have experience with those subs.

he drives a 2007 honda accordhes on a budget for his first system so i was thinking of these amps that ive seen floating around.

https://www.amazon.com/P1000-1-Precision-Power-Monoblock-Amplifier/dp/B005KW10ES/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1494806722&sr=8-1&keywords=ppi+1000

https://www.amazon.com/AudioPipe-APCL15001D-Power-Class-Amplifier/dp/B00BW54418/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1494806863&sr=8-1&keywords=audiopipe+amp+1500

or any other mono amps around that price range of 150 doing a good amount of power.

was thinking of either of these 2 subs to go with it.

Ev3 Series 12

LCS Series 12

not sure on his budget but i feel these would go well for a budget friendly set up

and for fronts i would recommend him the jbl p660c

with the https://www.amazon.com/Precision-Power-P900-4-4-Channel-Amplifier/dp/B005KVEPVO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1494807033&sr=8-1&keywords=ppi900.4

i have no experience with the audiopipe or the ppi1000 but iv seen those are options that are pretty good for the money unless someone can recommend something better for similar price

nor do i have experience with those subs.
I just order that ppi 1k last nite same one on amazon., they test well.. DON'T GET AP peeps been having problems with them.. so u know the pic of the E is a v2 so make sure u get v3 (car audio bargain has them for $95)

I just order that ppi 1k last nite same one on amazon., they test well.. DON'T GET AP peeps been having problems with them.. so u know the pic of the E is a v2 so make sure u get v3 (car audio bargain has them for $95)
i honestly think i seen somewhere you were mentioning the ppi1000 so i got the idea from you.

what subs are you using with the ppi?

i honestly think i seen somewhere you were mentioning the ppi1000 so i got the idea from you. what subs are you using with the ppi?
i just have the 1 pioneer 2 ohm so it'll get 930 rms (it's loud now with 500) if ppi works well i may get different sub maybe E but also looking into dark audio 12 $109 looks like cab 3" coil sub $20 less but it may have smaller motor cause it weighs less but $109 is nice for 3" coil sub.. i asked about skar peeps said get more power i asked about orion peeps said "meh" 1 guy said it was good but now i see popwar talking orion up so maybe the xtr 1500 be good saw one $226 new.. but it looks like ss filter not adjustable.. ppi has good test and rated to do 525rms 2ohm @ 12v so thats really good for $160.. i'll let u know how much louder my sub is wed.. ps look at the fu 300's $69 http://www.fuaudio.com/fu300

Last edited by a moderator:
i honestly think i seen somewhere you were mentioning the ppi1000 so i got the idea from you. what subs are you using with the ppi?
that ppi p1k is loud af at 2 ohm man gain real low.. i gotta re do my ground i think it's vibing loose at highest volume., i'll check it tomorrow..

Ppi and e v3 is a good combo. The e v3 is my favorite sub around 100$

For the sake of looking at others; CT sounds tropo, sq hds200, hell the pioneer grandpa has is ok

Has PPI made a comeback? They went to complete and utter poop in the 2000s when they got bought out. If they have, it is nice to hear as the older brands seem to get bought out by foreign companies because of their name and then ruined (like Autotek was great in the 80s: autotek 22 > punch 45).

Has PPI made a comeback? They went to complete and utter poop in the 2000s when they got bought out. If they have, it is nice to hear as the older brands seem to get bought out by foreign companies because of their name and then ruined (like Autotek was great in the 80s: autotek 22 > punch 45).
yeah I replaced an autotek 1600 with the ppi 1k, at and hifonics used to be great, 1 I have Is really fine to power 1 light weight sub ported.. this ppi is lots stronger @2ohm sonic tested it at 938@ 2ohm 1100 rms @1ohm $155 amazon.. mostly peeps like the phantom series which is what mine is.. several peeps here have the 900.4 the 2 channel looks d*amn good to me (190x2 @4ohm) and they cheap and tiny..

i just have the 1 pioneer 2 ohm so it'll get 930 rms (it's loud now with 500) if ppi works well i may get different sub maybe E but also looking into dark audio 12 $109 looks like cab 3" coil sub $20 less but it may have smaller motor cause it weighs less but $109 is nice for 3" coil sub.. i asked about skar peeps said get more power i asked about orion peeps said "meh" 1 guy said it was good but now i see popwar talking orion up so maybe the xtr 1500 be good saw one $226 new.. but it looks like ss filter not adjustable.. ppi has good test and rated to do 525rms 2ohm @ 12v so thats really good for $160.. i'll let u know how much louder my sub is wed.. ps look at the fu 300's $69 FU Car Audio, fu audio, fu car audio
A lot of those really cheap 3" coil subs use a very anemic coil and are overall poorly built. I'd stick to a better priced 2.5" personally.

Otherwise I'll vouch for those JBL components being great for the price.

Has PPI made a comeback?
Not really, they're pretty much marginally better than Soundstream/Audiopipe. Basically the lowest tier of budget that is actually reasonably reliable and will make rated power. Still though, knowing you get what you pay for, they seem a good value.

^ spot on. Ppi as a whole is no where near their glory days. But they have a line or 2, mainly the phantoms and some of the bk's, that utilize some of the better chinese pcb's

Strictly for budget I would look into the hifonics Brutus line.

For the money those are good buys.

As for subs....

Sundown E-Series or LCS

SoundQubed HDS2

CT Sounds Tropo

American Bass XD or TNT

Incriminator Audio I Series

NVX VSW

Knu has really nice complete wiring kits, 4 gauge OFC with everything you need for $49

i just have the 1 pioneer 2 ohm so it'll get 930 rms (it's loud now with 500) if ppi works well i may get different sub maybe E but also looking into dark audio 12 $109 looks like cab 3" coil sub $20 less but it may have smaller motor cause it weighs less but $109 is nice for 3" coil sub.. i asked about skar peeps said get more power i asked about orion peeps said "meh" 1 guy said it was good but now i see popwar talking orion up so maybe the xtr 1500 be good saw one $226 new.. but it looks like ss filter not adjustable.. ppi has good test and rated to do 525rms 2ohm @ 12v so thats really good for $160.. i'll let u know how much louder my sub is wed.. ps look at the fu 300's $69 FU Car Audio, fu audio, fu car audio
holy cow those dark audios look mean for the price!! id be curious about how they perform. The NKO series magnet looks like a sundown ev3 series woofer magnet

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.