Trying to make box for kicker cvr....

Participant count
  • Participant list

Based

CarAudio.com Elite
Louisiana
Ok I have a CVR 12 my little bro wants to have in his room. It's gonna run off a 120 watt 4 ohm plate amp. Obviously low power for the sub but that's the amp my bro can afford and plus he doesn't need a whole lot of bass.

Since it's low power I want to make the box a little bigger than the 2.25 internal max recommendation for a ported box. I'm going for 3 cubes. I'm thinking 35hz will be a good tuning frequency.

Now, I've been trying to come up with the port for this box but I just can't!!!! I'm using this calculator:

Port Length Calculator

I want 16 inches of port area per cube so 3x16 is 48. Right now i'm working with 6 inches tall 8 inches wide for a square port. To tune that to 35hz in a 3 cube enclosure it needs to be 25.5 inches long... And then when I get the displacement of the port it's over a cube... So I have to make the box like 25x25x12 just for one 12... this doesn't seem right.

Am I missing something or what?

Ok I have a CVR 12 my little bro wants to have in his room. It's gonna run off a 120 watt 4 ohm plate amp. Obviously low power for the sub but that's the amp my bro can afford and plus he doesn't need a whole lot of bass.
Since it's low power I want to make the box a little bigger than the 2.25 internal max recommendation for a ported box. I'm going for 3 cubes. I'm thinking 35hz will be a good tuning frequency.

Now, I've been trying to come up with the port for this box but I just can't!!!! I'm using this calculator:

Port Length Calculator

I want 16 inches of port area per cube so 3x16 is 48. Right now i'm working with 6 inches tall 8 inches wide for a square port. To tune that to 35hz in a 3 cube enclosure it needs to be 25.5 inches long... And then when I get the displacement of the port it's over a cube... So I have to make the box like 25x25x12 just for one 12... this doesn't seem right.

Am I missing something or what?
2.25 cubes should be plenty for that sub on that power

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.