Trying to ID the wiring harness I need (Mitsubishi Galant 04)

Participant count
  • Participant list

Bobbe22

So I've run into quite the dilemma with my 2004 Mitsubishi Galant. I recently purchased and had new DSC65 6.5 inch and 6x9 KICKER brand speaker's installed which are working just fine, and also a Pioneer MVH-X370BT stereo for aux cord and BT input. The big problem that my mechanic has run into how ever is that the wiring harness that both Amazon and Best Buy are saying should fit isn't matching up with what's actually inside the dashboard. They're both saying that either the metra 70-7001 or metra 70-7004 should fit for installing an after market radio, but they don't.

It should be 2 large rectangular plugs, but instead it's 1 large rectangular plug for the power source and 2 smaller square shaped plugs for the audio input. So far I've had 3 mechanics look at it and they were all baffled. One was able to recommend the Mito-01 harness through the Best Buy website for system's equipped with the Rockford Fosgate setup, but there's nothing on the radio that would suggest that it is. It's a double-din with CD changer, FM/AM radio, additionally I can control the volume and the radio signal with switches located on the opposite side of my steering wheel if that necessarily increases the complexity of the wiring.

This has all been terribly frustrating for me since I was planning on getting after market speakers several days in advanced, and I thought I had all my bases covered. Now's it's been almost 2 weeks since I had the speakers put in and I still have to listen to music over an FM transmitter with all the static included. My mechanic is talking about hard wiring, as-in ripping out all of the wiring in my car as it is right now and rewiring just for the new stereo, which I think sounds risky and unnecessary.

I was really hoping someone on this site could eye-ball the harness that I need with the attached pictures. I've seen the image's of the MITO-01 on amazon, and they look like they might fit, but given that the harness is costing me almost 100$ (For which I'm certain only cost's a few dimes at most to produce) I wanna make **** sure that it's going to fit my system before I buy. And do you guy's think it would be better to just have my mechanic hard wire it in?

Thanks for any and all input guys!

TL;DR Which wiring harness do I need for the cable's in the attached pictures

View attachment 26552244View attachment 26552243

The other two cables if i remember should be for the steering controls/external amp/radio alerts.

The main bigger plug has all the wires for the speakers and power source.

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk

So basically what you're saying is that I can have the stereo installed and speakers bumping, but I lose the ability to control the volume from the buttons in my steering wheel?

So basically what you're saying is that I can have the stereo installed and speakers bumping, but I lose the ability to control the volume from the buttons in my steering wheel?
Yes and no. If you purchase a headunit that has a addon steering control then you can always add it later.

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.