Trying to find a good door speaker replacement.

dirkjr10

Dallas
I have a 2013 GMC Sierra crew cab with a pro box sub/amp/box combo for the bass and sounds great and a Rockford r400-4d for mids and highs. I had infinity reference all the way around in door and components but wasn't happy with the sound in the mid range vocals. I upgraded to infinity Kappa 62.11i and still unhappy with the brightness. Crutchfield suggested I try out the MM651. I have read good reviews and I am looking for loud, clear mids with crisp high and don't care for bass due to having a sub. What's everyone's take on the MM651 from Polk Audio?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

if it's for the front perhaps a set of components then if you don't like the tweeter you can replace it with something else. Don't they make a solid component set that allows you to mount the tweeter with the driver. Can remember what manufacturer tho....anybody???

if it's for the front perhaps a set of components then if you don't like the tweeter you can replace it with something else. Don't they make a solid component set that allows you to mount the tweeter with the driver. Can remember what manufacturer tho....anybody???
I have a set of jbl tweeters in the pillar that sound really nice. They have a crossover on them, so these MM651 have the tweeter on the woofer but separate hook ups with their own crossovers. I'm just not a fan of SUPER bright speakers and the infinity are definitely that! Has anyone heard the MM651 from Polk?

So do you have two different tweeters in your front soundstage? Why not just put in a really competent mod range driver and let your jbl tweets take care of your vocals/high range?

Well tweeter is not going to be able to take care of all my vocals. I need something with a good push of vocals in the door. What would you suggest for a good mid range driver?

---------- Post added at 11:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:23 PM ----------

I could just not use the tweeters on the MM651 and push driver only no tweeter.

Well tweeter is not going to be able to take care of all my vocals. I need something with a good push of vocals in the door. What would you suggest for a good mid range driver?

---------- Post added at 11:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:23 PM ----------

I could just not use the tweeters on the MM651 and push driver only no tweeter.

I'd get crescendo pwx or crescendo UN 6.5s if you have a mid low pass filter. Run active crossovers. DO NOT buy coaxials, it'll be a mistake and you'll get harsh sibilance from two tweeters in different setups in different locations without cutting one of them out.

I'd get crescendo pwx or crescendo UN 6.5s if you have a mid low pass filter. Run active crossovers. DO NOT buy coaxials, it'll be a mistake and you'll get harsh sibilance from two tweeters in different setups in different locations without cutting one of them out.
Have you heard those speakers? They have good reviews, but I've never heard them

Really wish I could hear this pieced together trio...specs all look good

Peerless by Tymphany BC25TG15-04 1" Silk Dome Tweeter

Visaton W170S-4 6.5" Woofer with Treated Paper Cone 4 Ohm

Dayton Audio XO2W-2.5K 2-Way Speaker Crossover 2,500 Hz

this is beter than most sets costing 2x the price..

Could grab the crossovers (or similar) depending on the which jbl tweeters (a higher/lower crossover frequecy may be optimal) you have and those mids

Have you heard those speakers? They have good reviews, but I've never heard them

I own the 10s, deep vocals and midbass that kicks you in the chest warm full bodied sound not that overly bright stuff(i hate that sh*t). They are hot in the competition game. They get loud and powerful warm midrange and midbass, mainly smooth. the PWX naturally drops off past 4khz which is where the tweeter takes over which prevents bright harshness from the speaker so its like already having a natural crossover with the PWX. The UNs play up higher so they will need a crossover to filter the upper frequencies. These drivers way superior to any component mids i ever used. I've spent a lot on normal mainstream brands aka the cr@p they push on sonic electronix, amazon and crutchfield and they all were a disappointment.

Here's what a pair of 6.5s sort of sound like with low power.

I have a 2013 GMC Sierra crew cab with a pro box sub/amp/box combo for the bass and sounds great and a Rockford r400-4d for mids and highs. I had infinity reference all the way around in door and components but wasn't happy with the sound in the mid range vocals. I upgraded to infinity Kappa 62.11i and still unhappy with the brightness. Crutchfield suggested I try out the MM651. I have read good reviews and I am looking for loud, clear mids with crisp high and don't care for bass due to having a sub. What's everyone's take on the MM651 from Polk Audio?

That's the same exact comp set I wanna get. Guy on here had a set f/s and according to him it was the best sounding budgeted speakers he's ever heard. Of course some tuning would have to be done which takes time to do.

I own the 10s, deep vocals and midbass that kicks you in the chest warm full bodied sound not that overly bright stuff(i hate that sh*t). They are hot in the competition game. They get loud and powerful warm midrange and midbass, mainly smooth. the PWX naturally drops off past 4khz which is where the tweeter takes over which prevents bright harshness from the speaker so its like already having a natural crossover with the PWX. The UNs play up higher so they will need a crossover to filter the upper frequencies. These drivers way superior to any component mids i ever used. I've spent a lot on normal mainstream brands aka the cr@p they push on sonic electronix, amazon and crutchfield and they all were a disappointment.
Here's what a pair of 6.5s sort of sound like with low power.

So that is 6.5's or your 10's. I'm assuming 6.5's lol cuz door location. So over Polk Audio MM651 you would take these all day?

That's the same exact comp set I wanna get. Guy on here had a set f/s and according to him it was the best sounding budgeted speakers he's ever heard. Of course some tuning would have to be done which takes time to do.
What are you wanting to get in your vehicle?

What are you wanting to get in your vehicle?

The Polk Audio mm651. There was a guy selling them on ebay for 175 obo. I messaged him see if he'd do 150 shipped. Said no, couldn't do it. His auction ended and the next day or two reposted with 150 buy now free shipping...I'm like wtf? That mutherfucker. Someone sure as hell snatched them up and wasn't me.

The Polk Audio mm651. There was a guy selling them on ebay for 175 obo. I messaged him see if he'd do 150 shipped. Said no, couldn't do it. His auction ended and the next day or two reposted with 150 buy now free shipping...I'm like wtf? That mutherfucker. Someone sure as hell snatched them up and wasn't me.
$175 a pair or for 2 pair?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.