Trying to decided on front stage, your thoughts?

JoshC
10+ year member

The Taco MASTA
Houston, tx
So i love a mid woofer the other day and im looking to replace the mids or the whole set. Heres the options ive gathered. Im trying to keep good sq while gaining some midbass over the hertz HV-165s

option 1

I can use my DD T2's on hertz crossovers with some CDT CL-6Ms in CL-6M

option 2

Focal 165 A1 SGs Focal 165 A1 6-1/2" 2-way Access 1 Series Component 6.5" Car Speakers System | eBay

option 3

JBL P660C CAR AUDIO 6.5" 2-WAY 270W POWER COMPONENT SPEAKERS SYSTEM SET 6-1 /2" | eBay

Ill be using a eclipse premium to power them, so any speaker will get plenty of power. My eclipse can offer up to about 100x4@4 if you have any other suggetions. Looking to spend a max of 160 atm

For $179.99 I can get you a pair of CDT HD-6MDVC subs that will run at 2 Ohms and play higher than the CL-6M subwoofers you linked. The CL-6M is not likely to sound good at all with that crossover and tweeter combo. Ideally you'd want to use the CDT EX-550i crossovers with the CL-6M. You get a much better deal buying a full component set than buying just mids or subs.

So i love a mid woofer the other day and im looking to replace the mids or the whole set. Heres the options ive gathered. Im trying to keep good sq while gaining some midbass over the hertz HV-165s
option 1

I can use my DD T2's on hertz crossovers with some CDT CL-6Ms in CL-6M

option 2

Focal 165 A1 SGs Focal 165 A1 6-1/2" 2-way Access 1 Series Component 6.5" Car Speakers System | eBay

option 3

JBL P660C CAR AUDIO 6.5" 2-WAY 270W POWER COMPONENT SPEAKERS SYSTEM SET 6-1 /2" | eBay

Ill be using a eclipse premium to power them, so any speaker will get plenty of power. My eclipse can offer up to about 100x4@4 if you have any other suggetions. Looking to spend a max of 160 atm
i love my cdt es 010 tweets they sound amazing, got the es6mo mids which should be here tomorrow. should of had the mids installed over a month ago but ups fvcked the first set up. i have another set of es 010 tweets i might be willing to sell, if ur interested brand new never been used.

For $179.99 I can get you a pair of CDT HD-6MDVC subs that will run at 2 Ohms and play higher than the CL-6M subwoofers you linked. The CL-6M is not likely to sound good at all with that crossover and tweeter combo. Ideally you'd want to use the CDT EX-550i crossovers with the CL-6M. You get a much better deal buying a full component set than buying just mids or subs.
You can get just the mids or them in a 2-way set? Link?

the ebay focals are fake josh ,the cdt will be your best bet ,i too can get the hd 6m dvc subs.i think either sub will work for you josh.remember i had your old comps so i know how they sound.i think what i recommended will be just fine for your needs and your price range

the ebay focals are fake josh ,the cdt will be your best bet ,i too can get the hd 6m dvc subs.i think either sub will work for you josh.remember i had your old comps so i know how they sound.i think what i recommended will be just fine for your needs and your price range
1 for sure focal speakers like enclosures to run to their potential
I like the CDTs and i feel like its the most solid choice, but im worried about it using them a hertz crossover. Thats why i was looking at sets

I like the CDTs and i feel like its the most solid choice, but im worried about it using them a hertz crossover. Thats why i was looking at sets
personally I like making custom component setups and hertz makes good crossovers also

older set ,no cdt warranty.also the newer ones are better

---------- Post added at 09:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 PM ----------

only 50 rms each channel tho

---------- Post added at 09:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 PM ----------

only 50 rms each channel tho

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.