Trunk Sealoff

bgowdy
5,000+ posts

Heroes are remembered, but legends never die
So, i am wanting to do a sealed off trunk build, or trunk wall whatever you prefer to call it. I already have my enclosure built for this. Im just looking for easy ways or ideas of how i could seal it out. I dont want to do anything that will destroy my trunk in case i want to sale it later.

The enclosure pushed forward towards the cabin, the top rests against the at the back of the seats so that wont be bad to do. Now im not sure what to do on the sides of the of the box. There is not much room on either side. I would 4"s on each side of box to the wall, maybe 6"s at most.

What are some good easy ideas on sealing off the trunk?

Thanks,

Put the box where u want it... Line around it with plastic. The spray foam the shlt out of it and make it air tight. The plastic will keep your car clean so when u take the system out spray foam is on the plastic lining and not the car. Make trim panels so people don't have to look at spray foam.

Put the box where u want it... Line around it with plastic. The spray foam the shlt out of it and make it air tight. The plastic will keep your car clean so when u take the system out spray foam is on the plastic lining and not the car. Make trim panels so people don't have to look at spray foam.
How do you get the plastic to stay attached to the car though? I'm wanting to do the same thing as the OP. I don't have large gaps to fill, but I want to make sure my trunk wall is airtight. I like the plastic idea to keep everything clean.

How do you get the plastic to stay attached to the car though? I'm wanting to do the same thing as the OP. I don't have large gaps to fill, but I want to make sure my trunk wall is airtight. I like the plastic idea to keep everything clean.
Just tape the plastic where u want it. Then the foam will expand and hold the plastic in place....

Another way is put the box where u want it then just use deadener to seal around the trunk opening to the enclosure.

Just tape the plastic where u want it. Then the foam will expand and hold the plastic in place....
Another way is put the box where u want it then just use deadener to seal around the trunk opening to the enclosure.
how would this be solid enough though? it doesnt seem like it would hard enough

You also have to consider the inside of the quarter panels.
that could probably be deadned sealed up, but other wise..... expanding foam would probably work as long as im careful. i have seen people use foam to seal those

well thats an idea. never thought of that.

The foam works good, just go down to Home Depot or somewhere similar and get you some Great Stuff and it will do the trick

seeing that it seems like the best route i probably will. Curious how do you know how much to use when spraying the foam? [/b]

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.