Trunk Rattling

vandiar2
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
What is the best stuff to prevent this from happening? I just recently started car messing/installing car audio about 2-3 years ago butI have never used any sound dampeners because I always drove a single cab truck ( not much vibration) now I am driving a car and my **** trunk vibrates horribly!

What is the best stuff to prevent this from happening? I just recently started car messing/installing car audio about 2-3 years ago butI have never used any sound dampeners because I always drove a single cab truck ( not much vibration) now I am driving a car and my **** trunk vibrates horribly!
buy weather stripping and about 200 dollars worth of sound deadener, you will still have rattles though.

Weather stripping will make you trunk fit tighter when it closes, so make sure it's good and tight.

The best way to do this is to seal off your subs and port (if applicable) from the trunk. Add some deadening and that should eliminate your trunk rattle.

The best way to do this is to seal off your subs and port (if applicable) from the trunk. Add some deadening and that should eliminate your trunk rattle.
nooooo, you might lose output, LOL!

That's what i did and i have no rattles. Depends on if your an SQ or SPL guy really whether or not you want to take this route. Sealing off my subs from the trunk was the best thing i did to my system TBH

X2 on the weather stripping, also see if you can't adjust the latch. If you are getting panel flex on the lid then get some great stuff window and trim spray foam and spray it in the holes between the cross supports and the top panel on the lid.

If you used the big gap filler or even too much original great stuff then you might push the top panel up a bit.

Thanks for the input!

Except for this guy

"take your system out,"

kiss my *** //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

First off...

How much would you be willing to spend? If price isn't too much of an issue I would greatly recommend SSA Damplifier Pro. I have 36sqft in my trunk and 20sqft more on the way, it works WONDERS for panel flexing.

If you'd like to go a little cheaper, RAAMat is a good quality product that's a bit thinner, but costs less.

Make sure you tighten/strap/fasten down anything loose that might be causing rattles as well, and like the others mentioned some expanding foam in the lid with the deadener is a win.

Hope this helps!

always ride with a fat bitch sitting on your trunk
nice, thats great input right there. wish i had me some fat *****es that are willing to do this . however, i am in a dilemma on how to mount the fat ***** on my trunk. thinking i need lots of duck tape...

nice, thats great input right there. wish i had me some fat *****es that are willing to do this . however, i am in a dilemma on how to mount the fat ***** on my trunk. thinking i need lots of duck tape...
give a few skiny *****es some

x

t

c

u wont be able to keep them off the trunk

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.