trunk layout... ideas?

Participant count
  • Participant list

GreenLantern747
10+ year member

ok, i'm tired ot the way my trunk looks, but i'm haveing a tough time figureing out a good lay out, and thought i'd ask opinions... i'm thinking about doing a false floor, and mouting the amp in it, with the subs either on the sides in the space behind the wheel wells, but i'm not sure... any other thoughts??? i don't have a ton of room to work with as, its a focus hatch... just looking for some good ideas...

Picture034.jpg

** guess i'll mention its 2 type r (4+4) 10", and an audiobahn a1300hct

well first off the simple sealed box with two 10's is just that...very simple...nothing exciting...very basic and most times it looks rather out of place...there are so many options...

...personally im a big fan of fiberglass...it just adds that custom touch...

...you could glass your subs into the walls of the trunk and flush mount the audiobahn amp with some neons or led's in a false floor...

you could glass the woofers into the spare tire well and set the amp farther back in the trunk either flush mount or even on top of the carpet with wires hidden...

the list only stops where your imagination ends...good luck man

ok, so after measureing a few things today, i'm almost sure i'm gonna glass them into the side walls. (though the floor idea is sounding good, just not sure about protecting the woofers...) i'm wondering i thought i read somewhere that placeing the subs faceing each other can cancel out the output. i just ask, because i've had the car in compititons before, and plan on entering a few more, and don't wanna hurt the outcome at all.

thanks for the input bhsswrstlr. the amp will have most of the wires hidden reguarless of how its mounted. i'm mainly worried about protecting the subs, and making sure the amp will have enough ventilation...

i'd keep the box sealed, but fiberglass it to fit perfectly. i'd make it so it slants back, and keep enough room so you can mount the amp vertically. i'd indent the part where the amp would go so you could put a plexiglass window over the amp. that amp is probably already neon-lit, so theres no need for other lights.

i'd keep the box sealed, but fiberglass it to fit perfectly. i'd make it so it slants back, and keep enough room so you can mount the amp vertically. i'd indent the part where the amp would go so you could put a plexiglass window over the amp. that amp is probably already neon-lit, so theres no need for other lights.

do you mean, have a similar box, pushed back all the way to the back of the seats? make the box wider to fill the width, and then mount the amp to the box? this idea was tossed around, along with many others over a few bowls at my boys house...

we came to the conclusion that since the rear seats will eventually be coming out, i'd just have a hump in the back... and i wasn't sure how cool i thought that'd be. *BUT it is still one on the table.

the spare tire is seeming like something i might like to play with a bit, but that means, giving up my spare.. thought about trying to glass something over the tire, and just around it, but then i'm pretty sure that wouldn't give me the ft3 that i would need.

i'm almost positive that i'm sticking with the sealed box. my friend has some 12's ported, and i'm just not into that sound.

while i'm at work i'm spending like 2 3 hours just drawing different things up, useing the measurements that i have memorized now... hope something comes up soo....

why are you taking the seats out???

i drive a sad little car... the seats will be replaced because a.) i'm a ***** and don't like people in my back seat, it's too small for normal people to be comfortable while the people up front are. and b.) it'll take a little bit of the weight out that the system puts in (yes i know i drive a focus)......

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.