Trunk issues

I have a trunk setup also.

I tried multiple configurations but the loudest was firing into the trunk with my seats down.

I did have it firing into the cabin sealed and not sealed. Sealed was a bit more musical, not sealed opened up the lows.

Currently its firing into the trunk and it will stay there. Deadner killed all my rattles.

I have probably have 50sqft in just deadner all around the trunk floor/walls/roof/panels. Zero rattles.

Long story short sold my suv and 18s Now I have a sedan with 2 zv410s

Tried firing back lows are there with a bit of the higher notes but rattle is overwhelming

Firing forward lows are much better highs are gone

Should I seal it up when firing forward
It's a must to seal it off when wiring forward

What car? Have you considered subs forward and port to the passenger side? That was the most succesful in my saturn trunk

It's a must to seal it off when wiring forward
I made a difference but not enough for the effort in my case.

Took me a while to get it proper.

Not just add a panel around the box but a full seal.

I will say it looked really nice.

My VW is weird man so it could be different with OP and probably everyone else

most cars louder firing in trunk seats down but some like port side or like tragik subs up port towards front., but i never had car were sub forward worked it would almost always have to sealed off well..

thing is the trunk and firing forward sealed off have drastically different frequency responses. you lost top-end sealed off because the trunk made your resonant frequency alot higher.. if your going for daily go with rear firing reenfore the trunk with some fiberglass and put a good deal of deadner on it. only other suggestion is to sealed it off with a 6th order BP.

^ that. But in my case it was opposite. Peaked at 51 sub and port back, peaked at 43 sub and port forward, peaked at 36 port side and sub forward (loudest #s this way)

Frequency definately changes

Deadener and spray foam was use in the trunk still look like some ones Trina kick the dam trunk open firing back lol maybe could strap the trunk shut but still my box sits right agents the rear deck almost trapping the sound

^ that. But in my case it was opposite. Peaked at 51 sub and port back, peaked at 43 sub and port forward, peaked at 36 port side and sub forward (loudest #s this way)
Frequency definitely changes
the trunk is acting like a 6th order alignment its neat when you get it just right. alot of time firing up passengers side and port back drivers side works reall well because it drasticaly helps the phase as you get fuhrer away from tuning. no doubt thought i like hte 6th order sealed off installs i seen. they kicked ***.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.