Trunk car ported boxes.

Synyster97XLT
10+ year member

Reppin' the 304
So, I have two Type Argh 15s, and they were installed in an Explorer, with a 8.0ft^3 box. I plan on using the same volume to install the subs in my new Buick Park Avenue. Should I do subs front, port front? Or maybe subs up port front? I really don't know what to do to a trunk car to make it really loud. I'm also thinking about just putting the subs and port facing backwards, so I can kind of show it off. Does it still get loud when the subs are facing backwards?

If you do subs & port forward you'll need to seal off the trunk.

And welcome back. Dub vee up in hurr, son... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Misfit! Thanks for the welcome back! Anywho, if I'm gonna seal off the trunk, I'm gonna need some help. If you text, you could pm me your number, and we could talk about it or something? If not, I can pm you my number or something. I have some designs flying around in my head right meow, so I still need time to draw them up and think about what I want to do. I'm thinking that sealing the trunk with subs and port forward would be the loudest, because there's less room for the air to travel, and it has a more direct route into the cabin.

You really think you can get 8 cubes in there without building in the trunk?
That's something I'm not sure of. I'm gonna go take my max dimensions after I get off work, and start grinding some numbers tonight. I'm ok with the getting loud part, but I'm not with stuff such as sealing off my trunk, etc. I really don't need it to be as loud as it possibly can, because it's a daily driver. I was also thinking about making a sexy amp rack that attaches to it, with a battery box for when I get my HC2400.

You should be able to get away with a little over 5 cubes for a pair of Type R 15"s (after sub, bracing & port displacement of course).

Four 3" aeros shoud get you to 30-ish Hz pretty easily, but you'll want someone a lot better than myself to verify whether it's enough port area.

You really think you can get 8 cubes in there without building in the trunk?
Doubt it, biggest that will fit in mine is 6.5 and I have an Impala. Now if you build two seperate boxes that you slide in one at a time, you may be able to get 7-8.

You should be able to get away with a little over 5 cubes for a pair of Type R 15"s (after sub, bracing & port displacement of course).
Four 3" aeros shoud get you to 30-ish Hz pretty easily, but you'll want someone a lot better than myself to verify whether it's enough port area.
no and no

This should work if you can fit it. Subs/slot port back.

5655467.jpg

for starters ive got a buick lesabre(similar trunk i believe. i can squeeze 38.5 wide 18 tall and ~27 in deep. right at 9 cu ft before all displacements. so in reality your looking at about 7.5 or less cubes assuming you can find same space. sealing off the trunk not so bad, just really make a "wall" with cardboard and use some great stuff the expanding foam stuff. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif easiest way.

no and no
- Alpine recommends 1.5 - 3 cubes for a Type R 15", so that'd be 3 - 6 cubes for a pair. 5 (or a little more than 5) would be within those recommenations.

- If 5 cubes is okay, and according to Alpine it is, four 3" aeros should be sufficient to tune to 30Hz.

As I said, I'm not great at getting loud, but my recommendation is okay according to Alpine. Their recommendations could be ********, though. If that's the case it really doesn't matter what I say.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.