Trunk Blowthrough?

Participant count
  • Participant list

randomguy0o1

My whole purpose here is to decrease trunk rattle, and maybe make hair tricks possible. I have a 2003 Pontiac Grand Am. It's the dead base model, so it doesn't have folding rear seats. What if I were to make a sub box, and have an external port (or half external, half internal) going into the cab through a hole cut in the rear seat? One more thing, I read that you shouldn't have the sub facing directly away from your port (like the port is on the back of the box in the middle, and the sub is in the front of the box, in the middle), is this true?

Setup:

Hifonics 1516.1D

Sundown Audio SA-15

If anything doesn't make sense, I can clarify.

Sorry, I guess I didn't say that I am building a new box. The box that I have is too big, and I'm just playing around with different ideas for a new box. I don't know if there is rattle yet, but I know there will be.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.