Truck got jacked Need new alarm!

Bigrick31
10+ year member

Carpe Diem
Mid*Cal
so last friday my truck was broken into. theif/s stole cd player, cloths school bag and books..... ect ect. they happend to be smart enough not to open the doors of my truck as that would have set off the stock alarm. i have my glass being fixed on saturday and the sterio being replaced shortly there after. now i need an overhaul on my alarm system. havnt been around the forum much lately so i dont know about all the latest and greatest things that are out there. so in the way of alarm systems for cars whats available? it ould definatly need remote start glass break sensors and would need to be programable to other functions i may want to add IE window controlls or air ride controlls. what are some of the top of the line alarm systems that are currently available?

look into autopage, i just got an autopage alarm for $200 installed. no remote start, but vibration sensors, glass break sensors, ect ect

they have some pretty top of the line ones with remote paging ect,

Viper... they have/can add on everything you need
yea used to have a viper in my old eclipse. worked well. unless someone comes up with some other amazing type of alarm system ill probably go with the top of the line viper model.

Viper 7900 - Top of their line... i'm looking into it myself!

Problem i have is i have 2007 Max... with keyless remote.... not sure how they will play nicely

dont get the 7900 it is stupid, just has a color screen and i have heard that they have some issues. get the 791 or the 5900 which is the SST model with 1 mile range.

Compustar, 2 way pager, remote start, window up / down, shock / glass sensors, tilt sensor ( rims //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif ).

I wub it, compustar has a new model out / coming out soon //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Compustar PRO 2W900FM-AS

Too sick bro. Has everything you can think of. 3000feet of range unless you want the SS which is TRUE 6000feet of range. But yo the compustar has 4 program option menus. you can have up to 10+ aux! some crazy ish like that. my boy has it plugged into hes hydros. its too sick. PLus the remotes are off the chain. http://www.compustar.com check it out. im getting the pro upgrade soon.

I like the following:

Ungo-Used to be good

CodeAlarm-Used 3 different models on three different cars never had a problem but get a little pricey.

Viper-Got couple of friends with them and they really like them.

If you want to be on the safe side make sure you got an extra siren located in unreachable spot with a battery back up. I had someone really smart one time reach up under the truck and cut the power and ground from the battery and it killed everything. Thus the alarm never went of and they got all my stuff.

I also put air horns on one of my alarms, garranted you can hear that so can everyone else. Scare the Sh** out of you when it goes off.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.