Truck Box help

Participant count
  • Participant list
download "winisd", google it

Calculate the box you want (put in desired net box volume, desired tuning frequency, and port area), it'll give you back port length.

Add up all the internal values (port VOLUME, port board VOLUME, desired net volume, sub displacement), and build your box to house that internal volume

tah dah!

it should be fairly simple as long as you can do basic algebra, since the only two shapes you will be using are squares and triangles to calculate volume.

1 cu ft = 1728 cu in, for calculation reference

it all depends on the box, either will work, but its hard to say which will perform better

fire the port where it wont be blocked, so it can freely flow. You're box isnt going to play right at its tuned frequency due to the shape of the interior of your vehicle, but it will be more accurate if the port can have accurate and non-limited air flow. Assuming there is the room, i would probably fire the port upwards or towards the passenger door (assuming there is extra room on the side of the box for a side port)

yea theres room, i still need a design 2 go by though....
then design one? lol

its easy man, plug the desired net volume into winisd and desired tuning, it will give you back the exact size of the port you need. then add the net volume to the port volume (length of port multiplied by its length to get volume) as well as the volume of any internal wood used for the port, AND subwoofer displacement if you know it.

there, you have the internal volume you need for your box. You also have maximum dimensions. Take the maximum INTERNAL dimensions of the side of the box, multiplied by an x length, equals your total internal volume

(box depth)(box height)(variable length) = (total internal volume)

add the wood to each side to get the external size of the box, and you have a design

My 15 year old sister can design sub boxes.

maybe i'll get motivated and do a writeup with pictures on designing a box tonight.

Use Rockford Fosgates box wizard on their site..You can choose from multiple designs including wedge shape and you can play with the dimensions and it gives internal cubes..I find it pretty handy.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.