Troubleshooting challenge 2016 Jaguar FType

nathanstl

Hi everyone. Thanks in advance for the help.

I just bought a new car and it had a custom sound system installed by reeves motorsports in Florida. Anyway I'm in Missouri and had the car shipped to me so I didn't know that it had a stereo issue until it was here. Shops around here aren't interested in the work unless I want to replace the system. I think that's overkill and was looking for some expert advice here.

Factory sound system was Meridian 770.

Factory head unit is still being used.

List of equipment installed :

XD-ACS60 1 5 AWG POWER WIRE*60A

MAXI FUSE

HD900/5 1 JL AMP HD900/5-JL

AUDIO AMPLIFIER

C5-570X 1 JL AUDIO 5x7 INCH

COAXIAL 75W

C5-570 1 JL AUDIO 5x7 INCH

COMPONENT SYSTEM 75W

10TW3-D4 1 JL AUDIO 10" THIN-LINE

SUBWOOFER

XD-CLRAIC4-18 1 STD CLEAR AUDIO

INTERCONNECT JL AUDIO

SGR-10TW3 1 10TW3 SPEAKER GRILLE

CL-SSI 1 JL AUDIO 98112

INTEGRATION

Problem:

System outputs only Low frequencies only from the sub in the trunk area. There is no sound coming from the doors or the speaker behind the seats at all. The dealer that sold it to me thought it was fine because it was in surround mode and then normal sound does come from the front center speaker, but it doesn't sound good at all.

After a little research I found that they didn't get the subwoofer input signal on the amp from the clean sweep. (CL-SSI) so it looks like they bypassed it directly to the amp. Not sure why they would do this, but since the sub is still working that backs up my idea that the clean sweep is the issue as everything connected to it(front and rear L and R) is not working.

This leads me to believe the issue is with the clean sweep. That's where I'm going to start.

1. Why wouldn't they have summed all signals into the clean sweep and then taken all outputs from the clean sweep into the amp?

2. Am I on the right track here? Anything else I should try?

3. Is there another product that I could easily replace the clean sweep with or should I just stay with it for an easy swap. Thanks again. I can take pictures if needed. Working on this all day today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't dove into that yet. I'm going on the assumption that it worked at one time. Checking power for the clean sweep now. All good at the fuse box although they just pushed the fuse in over the wire. Not sure if that's the correct way of doing it. No lights on at clean sweep though. Getting ready to check for power and ground at the other end of the clean sweep power wire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you locate the master volume control knob from the cleansweep? If you do, does turning the knob clockwise do anything? I just installed a JL ssi and cleansweep in my f150 so I might be some help.

Just though of something... I did not connect my center speaker in my f150 to the ssi... So the cleansweep was not controlling its volume. When I first powered everything up all that played was the center speaker because all the other speakers were being controlled by the cleansweep (which was turned all the way down). In the end I just disconnected and removed the center speaker all together.

I would start with the volume knob from the cleansweep. Hope that is all that is wrong.

Read your op again... Looks like you only have the Ssi... The signal summing interface. Do you have a cleansweep installed as well???

Some pics would definitely help.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.