Triple 12" Sealed Sub Recommendations?

Hey guys,

So I made a custom triple sealed box that ended up around 1.7-1.8 cubes per chamber. I know it's rather large for a sealed, but I put three idmaxes in it on three JL JX1000, so they're each getting about 1000 watts rms. The idmaxes sound great, but I feel their frequency range is very lacking. What it can hit, it hits well, but it misses many of the higher frequencies above 60, such as the "kick" from the kick drums in certain songs and so on. They could be louder as well. I was just curious if anyone had any thoughts on three subs that could be ran around 1000 watts rms in a 1.7 or so sealed with accurate, tight, but still deep and somewhat loud bass response?

Thanks

yep put some wood in man.. i had mine in 1.9 cf sealed and same box ported it was horrible, switched 1.63 cf ported loud af and sounds great and it a $70 sub

Hey guys,So I made a custom triple sealed box that ended up around 1.7-1.8 cubes per chamber. I know it's rather large for a sealed, but I put three idmaxes in it on three JL JX1000, so they're each getting about 1000 watts rms. The idmaxes sound great, but I feel their frequency range is very lacking. What it can hit, it hits well, but it misses many of the higher frequencies above 60, such as the "kick" from the kick drums in certain songs and so on. They could be louder as well. I was just curious if anyone had any thoughts on three subs that could be ran around 1000 watts rms in a 1.7 or so sealed with accurate, tight, but still deep and somewhat loud bass response?

Thanks
get rid of one and port 2. I've build several ID max 12s boxes. not only will it sound better it will get louder and the money you get from the ID max you sale will pay for a high quality box! it will be punchy and quick while still making you smile when it needs to drop low!

Most of a kick is midbass. Your doors should be helping that out.
I know what he means though, sometimes you crave that kick to be played from the woofer. Certain songs are like that for me too, but very few. I think i have mine lpf set to 80. Perhaps it needs to go higher.

Oh well, im sure youll think of something op

Hey guys,So I made a custom triple sealed box that ended up around 1.7-1.8 cubes per chamber. I know it's rather large for a sealed, but I put three idmaxes in it on three JL JX1000, so they're each getting about 1000 watts rms. The idmaxes sound great, but I feel their frequency range is very lacking. What it can hit, it hits well, but it misses many of the higher frequencies above 60, such as the "kick" from the kick drums in certain songs and so on. They could be louder as well. I was just curious if anyone had any thoughts on three subs that could be ran around 1000 watts rms in a 1.7 or so sealed with accurate, tight, but still deep and somewhat loud bass response?

Thanks
get another box and to piggy back on what the other 2 said sell one sub and do 2 ported at 35hz or so set lpf to 150hz., I played metallica yesterday and sounded great ported at 35 hz..

I'd try raising the filter before you spend a dime.

If the max is anything like my Q it will play high in that box perfectly fine.

3 sealed > 2 ported

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys thanks for all the responses.

Yeah I've had two in a large ported box before. It was a common chamber 5 cube box tuned to 30 hz and it was decent. It was loud and low, but lacking up higher and for rock or metal songs it was extremely. That's why I decided on three sealed. I thought about trying to lower the internal volume, I wasn't sure what the best way would be though. I also have my filter set to 100 hz, so I figured that would've been high enough but I can up it for sure. I've just noticed other subwoofers have a wider range and are usually ported, I always though Sealed gave a smoother frequency response?

I also have alpine type Rs as my door speakers off of a KS300.4 so they're around 90 watts rms each, and don't seem to give nearly as much of a kick drum sound as I'd like.

The R mids are not really known to preform. But are the doors treated? Does the mid have a seal between the mid and door skin?

All that will greatly increase mid bass.

Yeah sealed is smoother and wider but more volume helps. You can't have it all from one aspect.

I might look into those. What amp would you recommend running those? Would my arc audio work? Also what was the conclusion on my sub situation then?
The arc will be fine. I can't say anything about the sub until the mid bass is right. They go hand and hand.

Here are the rings. Best $25 you could ever spend.

FAST Rings 6.5" 3-Piece Car Speaker Enhancement Kit https://www.amazon.com/dp/B016LFVKHY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_oB0ezbJ8K6TGG

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.