Subs stopped hitting hard overnight

Participant count
  • Participant list
JVC KD-X50BT Headunit

eZNJpmT.jpg

- Duel 10in Alpine Subwoofers.

- Wired under passenger door still

- The subs and amp are in Fast and Furious 1.

D2OL12I.jpg

- V12 Alpine amplifier.

znkmSCf.jpg

- Where I ground my subs, there was already a hole and I just dremeled the paint away.

Car is a 97 Audi A4

Anything else you need to know?

So my subs stopped hitting hard overnight. They are still moving. My system was working fine earlier this week.
What to do?
Check what ohm load your subwoofers are at on the amp using a Digital multimeter. Make sure all the settings are the same. Ya could have blown a coil, a former or Many other things. Stat by checking what your subs are wired at. Maybe a wire fell out a terminal.

Obviously some sort of connection issue. What happened to the ports on your box?
This here for sure especially if it randomly started back working again..Id also look for a better means of ground,a bit more solid,but...its working for you.Loose wire somewhere to check for.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.