Trapped Bass!

gogo4

First My Setup:

In a 99' Cadillac De'Ville -

1x - Rockford Fosgate 1 farad cap

2X - Hifonix 1000 Brutus amp's (1 for each sub)

1X - Audiobhanh 400 (forgot model)

2X - 12' T1 Rockford Fosgate Subs

Pioneer Avic N1 Deck

All Round Polk Momo's 6x9's and 6.5's

3.5 cf` ported box facing trunk

Now this is my question:

I Have an armrest where i taken out the lether so when it flops down i get about 6x4' Hole for the spl... (helps actually a little)

(My trunk is super sealed and dynomated)

Today i was working on something and took off the backseat turned up a song and HOLY ****!!!

MY hairs tickled my nose itches and i can't breathe right. I think i wouldnt be able to light a match in my car its just stupid spl and bass all around.... about 3x louder then w/seat on.

Now how can i get this effect with my seat back on?

What would happen if i turned the box around and put it facing seat instead of trunk?

I need this sub's to hit to their max and i cna't help to think what potential they really have but i can't use it know what i mean =(

my only idea would be to look at the back dash and see if you can get rid of the back dash and replace it with some kind of metal sheeting with holes. imagine a fence in the back dash almost. just something that allows all that bass to get out of the trunk into the cabin. its gonna have to be all custom but see what you can do. should help a lot.

yea I have not being able to pull my back seat down.. everything would sound so much better

I'm actually working on a solution as we speak (I might try to replace my back seat with a seat from another similar car)

I took out my rear speakers in my BMW 325 and made a clear hole through some padding, now I have the ski hole completely open which is 8 by 10 and two 4 inch holes where the rear speaker used to be. Clearing out the rear speakers made about a 30% difference...which is huge. I don't know if this is posssible with that car but good luck.

You are also releasing a problem when you remove the seat. From reading your post, you said you sealed your trunk, and you have a ported box. You box still requires the movement of AIR to sound up to its full capabilities. You are starving your Speakers of air. When you moved the back seat you are allowing 2 things to happen. You are allowing more air flow, and you are also allowing the sound wave to come into the car. I have seen a few things done. People have cut 2 holes (8 in or so) in the back panel, and in turn PORTED their trunk. You would be amazed how many Cu FT of air those 2 12' subs can push. GIVE THE SPEAKERS SOME AIR.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.