Transaction between myself and rebelfromva

Of course you think that, you have money and he has a bad battery. I honestly have to say I believe you knew the battery was crap, that is why there was never any picture of it. Why have it packaged up before it is sold? In a shop I worked in we sold lots of batteries, stickers were different at times, even on the same order of batteries. Like I said it is my believe not fact, prove me wrong!
The only way that could be fixed is by disassembling the entire battery, the connection inside would be broken.

rebel, does it have any charge showing now? I would assume the one post doesn't isn't even connected to anything anymore.
Tested the stinger volt meter I got in the mail today on it. Said 12.5. Reads right and all but the one post just spins with the nut on it and other is chipped off.

Since he obviously isn't going to do anything about it. Can you get some vicegrips on the end of stud? I would think maybe you could tighten the nut down tight to the base and it might keep the stud from spinning. Or can you get something under the nut to hold the stud? Does the big base spin also or just the threaded part?

Since he obviously isn't going to do anything about it. Can you get some vicegrips on the end of stud? I would think maybe you could tighten the nut down tight to the base and it might keep the stud from spinning. Or can you get something under the nut to hold the stud? Does the big base spin also or just the threaded part?
The threaded part spins. I use the thicker ring terminals not the flat ones so I'd have to get toolmaker to make me some kind of terminal for it but I don't think with that sitting on the chipped stud I could get the but back on it

[quote name='BreakingBad']I'm honestly tired of going back and forth with you. Even like the above commenter said, the supposed damage could've been done while you were attempting to install it. I'm not saying you were, but it is a possibility. I work in a pharmacy, my time is very valuable I don't have all day to bicker on online forums.

Bottom Line:

1.) The battery you have is damaged. There is no way to prove that THAT SPECIFIC battery was the one I sent you. You will say 'yes it is, i am not trying to scam you!' and i will say 'not saying you are, but there's no proof that's my battery.' What leads credence to this is the fact that I have pictures showing a battery that looks nothing like that. Yes, I could have taken a picture of a different battery and sent a bad one, that is just as much a possibility as you fudging an install and trying to get your money back after you f*cked up.

2.) This has turned into a he-said she-said, pointing fingers game. I don't have time for this, I manage a pharmacy and am using my break time to help YOU.

3.) You specifically accepted responsibility no matter what the situation was. If i sell you an iphone but send you a pile of **** in a sock and you said 'Hey, cool, i'll deal with it'...you literally accept the fact that although it wasn't the right item and a pile of ****, you're cool with that. You accepted my shipment and said you would deal with it. It wasn't till later you mentioned a spinning post and other issues, so at this point it is more of a reasonable position for me to believe that the battery you have was not the one i sent and/or was extremely damaged during an install.

4.) There is literally no point in discussing this any further. This isn't like someone purposely 'got you' for $500, even if you do absolutely nothing with this battery, you're out 60 bucks dude...chalk it up to a bunch of bad circumstances and move on. Keep in mind the battery was tested and fully functional prior to shipping, as tested by me and an installer. If you would've accepted my method of shipping, you could've filed a UPS claim and possibly got reimbursed. There are a shitload of 'what ifs' and fingers being pointed, but all in all NEITHER of us can prove either of our sides of the story - but AGAIN, you accepted responsibility after receiving the package which completes the deal.

I'm going back to work then out of state for the weekend.
[/QUOTE]

@rebelfromva You don't have proof the battery in the pics you posted was his. He failed to post name and date on the pics in the classified thread. He failed to post pics of both batteries in the classifieds thread. You completed a deal on good faith.

He basically said in the quote above, F U, I got your money and you can't prove a damned thing.
Where is a MODERATOR when you really need one?

Yea rebel sadly man you got F***ed on this that whole **** it up and move on! WHAT A F888ing scumbag! He should be banned now but it won't do any good I'm sure your not the first person this F***in loser has screwed! I think he may be taking to many of those pills he's selling?

The threaded part spins.
If it spins separate from the bigger part that it comes out of it has to be a separate piece, not sure since I can't see it. But if that is the case you should be able to get it out. Try pulling up on the stud/nut as you spin it to see if it will come loose. If it does you could probably re tap the hole for a different size stud. Then you could do the same thing on the other side.

I just can't tell how it is put together from the pics.

If it spins separate from the bigger part that it comes out of it has to be a separate piece, not sure since I can't see it. But if that is the case you should be able to get it out. Try pulling up on the stud/nut as you spin it to see if it will come loose. If it does you could probably re tap the hole for a different size stud. Then you could do the same thing on the other side.
I just can't tell how it is put together from the pics.
I will try that when I get off

I will try that when I get off

Just be careful.

Have you tried contacting deka to check on warrantying it? Just tell them you lost the receipt, there will actually be a date code on it that they can use to tell how old it is.

Just be careful.
Have you tried contacting deka to check on warrantying it? Just tell them you lost the receipt, there will actually be a date code on it that they can use to tell how old it is.
U cant expect Deka to warranty that batt cmon e1 can see the problem was from neglect on someones end. They want help you sry man. I dnt know who scammed who but someone sure did and being OP did not take all the steps to cover himself as a SELLER then you sir are in the wrong thus making it ur fault. God cant trust anyone these days POS people trying to steal a buck??? Really..... Sad Sad..

I will also agree mods need to step in on this one. Clearly the seller is a fault and is now trying to save face but no ones buying that. He should have took more pics of the ACTUAL batt to be sent not just the other batt cause this one was already in package.. OP give the man his money back you should eat this deal and if u choose not to and mods dnt take care of it I assure you I will post in every FS thread you make from this day on letting people know to STAY AWAY....

U cant expect Deka to warranty that batt cmon e1 can see the problem was from neglect on someones end. They want help you sry man.
I agree about neglect but you would be surprised what some companies will do for customers, I have been shocked atwhat I have seen some do to keep people happy. It's a long shot but it's a shot.

I dnt know who scammed who but someone sure did and being OP did not take all the steps to cover himself as a SELLER then you sir are in the wrong thus making it ur fault.
Rebel should have demanded a pic of the actual battery he was getting also. To me the seller should have to prove he's not a scammer.

God cant trust anyone these days POS people trying to steal a buck??? Really..... Sad Sad..
I've come to the conclusion if I buy or sell anything on here I am going to video the packaging or unpackaging, and put the ups label over the box seam so it has to be cut to open the box. It is sad what this world has come to.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is why all items being sold has to be photographed with pic and username. The thread should have been deleted well in advance of the batteries being sold. But I didn't even noticed there wasn't pics with username and date either.
Should have reported it. I cant physically be online 70%+ of my time. Its not just a mods job to keep this place clean. There is a reason there is a report button. Use it.

where are the mods on this one? you guys need to clean house and get rid of these people trying to fvck people over!
Report the thread. Its that easy if you want attention. You cant just make a post asking where they are. Chances are we will never see it.

@whitedragon ;
Wrong name

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

BreakingBad

Banned
BreakingBad
pittsburgh
Start date
Participants
Who Replied